• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Books for Chemistry and Physics for o levels

Reaction score
Hello

I need good books from which I can study Chemistry and Physics for o level. I was thinking about getting "Complete Chemistry for IGCSE by RoseMarie Gallagher and Paul Ingram" and "Complete Physics for IGCSE by Stephen Pople".
Please tell me if these books are good enough or suggest other books for these subjects.

Thank you. :good:

P.S: I am a private candidate.

Reaction score
Check with the list of prescibed books of o levels. You will get the list of all the gud books.

Reaction score
By Author name,

Physics:
Charles Chew
Tom Duncan

Chemistry:
Roger Norris
John Sadler (Chemistry Matters)

Reaction score
I USED FEDERAL PHYSICS FOR PHYSICS

and prescott one for chemistry (it isnt an endorsed book)

books named by Anon are also very good

Reaction score
Most schools including mine use the following books:
Chemistry Matters by Tan Yin Toon & Cheen Ling Kwong (for Molar Calculations we use Chemistry Calculations JA Hunt & A Sykes )
Physics Matters by Charles Chew & Chow Siew Foong
TheKnight0209 said:
Hello

I need good books from which I can study Chemistry and Physics for o level. I was thinking about getting "Complete Chemistry for IGCSE by RoseMarie Gallagher and Paul Ingram" and "Complete Physics for IGCSE by Stephen Pople".
Please tell me if these books are good enough or suggest other books for these subjects.

Thank you. :good:

P.S: I am a private candidate.

Dont use these books as they are for IGCSE.... O levels is different system than IGCSE so the syllabus might differ a bit..
For further help refer to this site plz
Good Luck :good:

Reaction score
Federal physics is wonderful book written for olevels physics and u can use Explaining physics also some topics in it are explained pretty well and for chemistry use prescott even rattify some parts of it its the best book learn it with a good teacher's notes and p.p ur A* is guranteed :)

Reaction score
I use da folowng books
chemistry: igcse book by christofer Prescott and earl wildford
biology: by Macken and lam peng , eric
maths: 4Ds
physics: tom Duncan ( looking 4 more books, recommend any u thnk is good to study)
thanku in advance