• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business studies, Accounting, and Economics help available.

Reaction score
After seeing how there were so many threads for sciences, I decided to open up a thread for any questions that anyone may have relating to these subjects.
I'm sure all of us will try helping each other out :).

So start posting your problems if you have any!

Reaction score
Re: Business studies, Accounting, and Economics help availab

how was business studies paper 1 for u guys?? and wat was da answer for ways to increse the market for car tyres?

Reaction score

U have a question i wanna appear in one additional subject in november this year so i wanted to ask which one of these is easier to score an A or may be A* and which one is more interesting...kindly tell me
BUSINESS STUDIES
ECONOMICS
ACCOUNTING
STATISTICS.....any help is appreciated

Reaction score

AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
U have a question i wanna appear in one additional subject in november this year so i wanted to ask which one of these is easier to score an A or may be A* and which one is more interesting...kindly tell me
BUSINESS STUDIES
ECONOMICS
ACCOUNTING
STATISTICS.....any help is appreciated

I'll give you advice on each subject:

Economics:
If you want to take a subject with value, then go for Economics.
This is a highly credited subject, but it is pretty dry, and you can't study anything else if you want to finish up economics in one month.

Accounting:
This too is a highly credited subject, and it involves theory with calculations.
It's interesting, pretty simple if you have a good teacher, and easy to score an A or an A* in. But make sure your concepts are clear or you will not do well.
You'll be easily able to finish this up in 2-3 months.

Business:
This is a interesting subjecting too.
You'll be expected to write a lot and use your own thinking with the information you learn from the book. You really can't lift stuff from the book. But you can easily do this in 2-3 months as well.

Statistics:
Easy, but I won't recommend this unless you give like commerce as well. Doesn't have a lot of credit, but is interesting.

Feel free to ask more :).

Reaction score

Xtremexx said:
how was business studies paper 1 for u guys?? and wat was da answer for ways to increse the market for car tyres?

Paper 1 was pretty good.
I wrote two things, firstly, the sales of cars have fallen, and that is why tyres, too have fallen.
I can't remember the second :p.

Reaction score

accounts is the easiest if u understand it properly and economics is really really interesting.. business studies has a lot to study, its like a combination of econ and accounts .. i dnt know about statistics cus i havnt done it.
if i were u i wud choose accounts. hope dat helps :)

Reaction score

:O i wrote the exact same thing!!! @rafae

Reaction score

Lol. I can't remember my other point =L.
How are you studying for business paper 2?
I am doing past papers from 2010-2004.

Reaction score

Personally, I fing Business and Stats to be the easiest of the lot. Accounting is okay too if you understand the concepts. As for economics, personally, I find it very dry. But there are some who prefer it over the other three mentioned.

My advice: Skim through Business. The thing is, that Eco and Business are pretty much related up to a certain point, with many of the basic things being similar. Accounting also stems from business so it'll help you there as well. Don't go solely on the advice of others. Try a bit of everything and go for the one you are comfortable with.

As for the Business Paper 1, it was easy. For the tyres one you could mention how it is a comlement of cars themselves, hence demand of both are proportional. You could have stated this by attributing the fall in demand to change in tastes or rising inflation/unemployment e.t.c.

Reaction score

same here im doing as much past papers as i can

Reaction score

ISCLHRTSR said:
Personally, I fing Business and Stats to be the easiest of the lot. Accounting is okay too if you understand the concepts. As for economics, personally, I find it very dry. But there are some who prefer it over the other three mentioned.

My advice: Skim through Business. The thing is, that Eco and Business are pretty much related up to a certain point, with many of the basic things being similar. Accounting also stems from business so it'll help you there as well. Don't go solely on the advice of others. Try a bit of everything and go for the one you are comfortable with.

As for the Business Paper 1, it was easy. For the tyres one you could mention how it is a comlement of cars themselves, hence demand of both are proportional. You could have stated this by attributing the fall in demand to change in tastes or rising inflation/unemployment e.t.c.

I kind of do not agree on your last point; the one about unemployment/inflation.

The question asked, why has the market of tires not grown?
If we wrote inflation/unemployment, it would have caused sales to fall as peoples real incomes would have fallen, and people would have less money to spend on tyres that are not a necessity. Basically, if inflation/unemployment was the reason, the demand would NOT remain the same, it would have actually fallen.

Reaction score

I meant the inflation/unemployment as a factor to decreasing demand for cars. And as I remember the question it asked why the market has stopped growing. It did not say demand has to remain the same. I may be wrong though.

Reaction score

ISCLHRTSR said:
I meant the inflation/unemployment as a factor to decreasing demand for cars. And as I remember the question it asked why the market has stopped growing. It did not say demand has to remain the same. I may be wrong though.

Oh well :D. Let's see how paper 2 comes. I need to do really well on this paper to score an A*. I made a small blunder on paper one from which I lost like 4-6 marks probably.

How are you preparing? Today I've finished past papers from 2010-2006. I'm gonna do 2006-2004 tommorow, then 2003 on Wednesday, and a bit of revision from the book.
Then, the rest is up to God :D

Reaction score

i wrote that market is saturated for tyres :D tyres have completely penetrated :Dand yeah i wrote abt that inflation too :D people might not be buying many cars

Reaction score

rafae said:
Oh well :D. Let's see how paper 2 comes. I need to do really well on this paper to score an A*. I made a small blunder on paper one from which I lost like 4-6 marks probably.

How are you preparing? Today I've finished past papers from 2010-2006. I'm gonna do 2006-2004 tommorow, then 2003 on Wednesday, and a bit of revision from the book.

I've done the past papers from 2007 to 2010. And I'll go through the book on wednesday. Have to revise Chem tomorrow.

I think that my paper 1 went well. I didn't make any major blunder so I should be fine. InshaAllah, everyone will get an A*.

Reaction score

ISCLHRTSR said:
rafae said:

I've done the past papers from 2007 to 2010. And I'll go through the book on wednesday. Have to revise Chem tomorrow.

I think that my paper 1 went well. I didn't make any major blunder so I should be fine. InshaAllah, everyone will get an A*.

Ameen.

Reaction score

Best book for economics? I'm currently studying from the Ian Hobday book.