• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business Studies and economics oct/nov 2011 papers doubt !

Reaction score
Heyy guys ! just wanted to clear some doubts of economics paper and business stds paper of oct/nov 2011 !
ECONOMICS:
Q. What are the uses of HDI ?
Q. how to measure GDP per capita ?
Q. Whats the difference between GDP per capita and GDP?

BUSINESS STUDIES :
Q. What is a niche market ?
Q. What are the uses of inernet in marketing?

Well i know the answers of these questions,but need to clear them coz it just came up into my mind and cant sleep day/night!
I hope INSHA ALLAH all my friends on xtrempapers.net get good grades :D

PLease reply ASAP !

ktc

Reaction score
BUSINESS STUDIES :
A niche market is a specialized segment of the market that aims to satisfy specific market needs.

Well i know the answers of these questions,but need to clear them coz it just came up into my mind and cant sleep day/night!

PLease reply ASAP !
Uses of internet marketing:

Advertising is done online; via e-mail and wireless media, therefore, changes can always be made to the ads – which become convenient for the business.

It helps in reducing costs within the business, which would otherwise have been there in setting up showrooms, employing staff, etc.

Through I-Marketing, businesses can conduct secondary market research and gain information about competitors, the economic conditions of various countries, future threats/opportunities, etc, in turn; it helps the business to decide on marketing mix elements according to the requirements of the consumers. (This will help increase sales)

The business can reach consumers geographically dispersed.
It provides 24 hours of customer service, furthermore, building up the image of the business.

^Hope that’s what you’re looking for and you get some good night sleep!
Insha’Allah!!

Reaction score
Heyy guys ! just wanted to clear some doubts of economics paper and business stds paper of oct/nov 2011 !
ECONOMICS:
Q. What are the uses of HDI ?
Q. how to measure GDP per capita ?
Q. Whats the difference between GDP per capita and GDP?

BUSINESS STUDIES :

PLease reply ASAP !
HDI - human development index. Acts as an indicator as to how well a country is doing. Its used as simple methods such as measuring GDP and comparing it between countries does not take into account all factors. These may be externalities, type of production ( producing war equipment may increase GDP but does not mean a better quality of life for the people ) ..many more factors but these will do for an example. HDI includes information such as literacy rate, mortality rate, education etc which is thought to give a better view as to the quality of life for each citizen of a country.

GDP Per Capita - Total GDP/Population. Just for further reference its uses are quite limited as 1% of the population may have 99% of the wealth in the country and the remaining 99% left with the 1%. I'm not sure what you mean by how to measure gdp per capita as all the info you need is gdp and population info. However If you mean how to measure GDP its through the income, expenditure and output methods. Each has its own problems and flaws which you will learn about in detail in your A2

Reaction score
HDI - human development index. Acts as an indicator as to how well a country is doing. Its used as simple methods such as measuring GDP and comparing it between countries does not take into account all factors. These may be externalities, type of production ( producing war equipment may increase GDP but does not mean a better quality of life for the people ) ..many more factors but these will do for an example. HDI includes information such as literacy rate, mortality rate, education etc which is thought to give a better view as to the quality of life for each citizen of a country.
GDP Per Capita - Total GDP/Population. Just for further reference its uses are quite limited as 1% of the population may have 99% of the wealth in the country and the remaining 99% left with the 1%. I'm not sure what you mean by how to measure gdp per capita as all the info you need is gdp and population info. However If you mean how to measure GDP its through the income, expenditure and output methods. Each has its own problems and flaws which you will learn about in detail in your A2

I can reply you only for business!
So, niche market refers to a special pool of customers who has unique preferences for a particular product or service which are not met by common suppliers in the market. These customers are willing to pay higher prices for those that meet their preferences more specifically.

So, uses of internet in marketing are:
1. For easy communication with investors, clients, and workers.
2. For ideas
3. For market research
4. For sending wages, salaries, etc....