• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business Studies, Commerce, Economics, Accounting: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
thank you for replying back to me promptly. I will definitely go for COMMERCE and does thinking skill in alevel hold any value? Please do let me know about this last question

Yes, it does hold value.
But it is a technical subject.. requires a High IQ.

Reaction score
Alright thanks, have you given either commerce and thinking skills? I know general paper does not count any value academically because i read it somewhere therefore i am not giving it

Reaction score
Alright thanks, have you given either commerce and thinking skills? I know general paper does not count any value academically because i read it somewhere therefore i am not giving it

I am planning to give Commerce this session, and i will give Thinking Skills when i get to A-Level.
But i know people who gave these subjects, that's why i know.

Reaction score
I am not studying yet.
But i will use 'Betsy Li'.. one!
I read on xtremepapers that the betsy li one is outdated, has lesser examples and is not endorsed by CIE whereas the mary trigwell jones is endorsed by CIE and is a thick book but has 16 chapters which can be understood very easily to get a good higher grade.

Obviously people who have previous knowledge about business and economics both wont need to spend alot of time on each chapter. If i were you i would go for the betsy li one if you already have a lot of knowledge about it, and are confident

Reaction score
I read on xtremepapers that the betsy li one is outdated, has lesser examples and is not endorsed by CIE whereas the mary trigwell jones is endorsed by CIE and is a thick book but has 16 chapters which can be understood very easily to get a good higher grade.

Obviously people who have previous knowledge about business and economics both wont need to spend alot of time on each chapter. If i were you i would go for the betsy li one if you already have a lot of knowledge about it, and are confident

Yes, but Mary Trigwell Jones is too thick. Will take a lot of time.
I'll buy that one too.
Maybe, i'll read from Mary Trigwell Jones.

Reaction score
Yes its too thick and no one would want to consume alot of time on commerce, i believe its more than 600 pages, Hopefully you will get a good grade inshAllah, thanks for answering my questions, appreciate it alot

Reaction score
Yes its too thick and no one would want to consume alot of time on commerce, i believe its more than 600 pages, Hopefully you will get a good grade inshAllah, thanks for answering my questions, appreciate it alot

Anytime. :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
Can anyone please help me that if the entire balance sheet and profit and loss account is made with correct entries and 1 -2 entries are omitted or wrongly put does one lose all 40 marks or just 2-3 marks? My balance sheet never seems to balance :/

Reaction score
Guys my exam is in 3 hours and.i need a response real quick, I'm solving summer May/June 2012 23 exam paper and question b says to make an income statement and I am calculating depreciation for equipment and motor vehicle but I am getting the wrong answer, do i subtract the NBV opening - closing and then subtract by the cost or do what? Please I need ur help quickly

If anyone can respond to me that would be quite helpful for me

Kind regards

Reaction score
I think your not going to l
Can anyone please help me that if the entire balance sheet and profit and loss account is made with correct entries and 1 -2 entries are omitted or wrongly put does one lose all 40 marks or just 2-3 marks? My balance sheet never seems to balance :/[/quot

I think ur not going to lose all the marks because if you look in the marking scheme they award you individual marks for the correct entities you do put, so don't worry if omit some or wrongly add some

Balance sheet balances when you get the answer same as the answer after calculating the non current liabilities

Hope this helps

Reaction score
Just to help out people so they don't have to look at the paper is

Equipment cost: 17400
NBV opening : 28400 and NBV closing : 27600

Motor vehicle cost: 19200
NBV opening : 65000 and NBV closing 68200

Please let me know with explanation
Guys my exam is in 3 hours and.i need a response real quick, I'm solving summer May/June 2012 23 exam paper and question b says to make an income statement and I am calculating depreciation for equipment and motor vehicle but I am getting the wrong answer, do i subtract the NBV opening - closing and then subtract by the cost or do what? Please I need ur help quickly

If anyone can respond to me that would be quite helpful for me

Kind regards
ell