• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business Studies DISCUSSIONS & HELP.

Reaction score
Re: BS BOOKLETS?

You're going to have to answer on the paper booklet.
There will be no separate answer sheet.

Reaction score

NO NO, what i wanted to know is whether like NOTE booklets ??
like we have 5 note booklets for computer, so like that, any booklets for BS ?

Reaction score

Well, not that I know of. I use this IGCSE Cambridge revision guide for business studies.
It's pretty useful, but then again, it doesn't really help in business paper 2.
Just prepare from the book, and do past papers from 2010-2003
How many past papers have you done?

Reaction score

2005-2009...

btw what are like the important stuff to be studied ??

Reaction score

Try doing 2010, 2004 as well.
Okay, here are important topics you should look out for:
Marketing Mix
Technology
Government constraints on Business Decisions
Motivation
Break-Even charts
E-Commerce

Look out for these topics, if you require further help, then feel free to ask me.

Reaction score

what are the govt. constraints on business decisions??
can u gimme a rough idea in points ???

Reaction score

Govt constraints include a number of things:
-import quotas
-import tariffs
-employee protection laws (legal minimum wage, safe working conditions etc)
-consumer protection laws (trade descriptions act, consumer credit act, weights and measures act)
-pollution licences as well (forcing businesses to relocate in other places or paying fines for polluting factories)

Basically that's the idea.

Reaction score

dude you such a business study geek :p

and btw, can you tell me what is included in "LOCATION" and any more topics than those above ones to be familiar with ...

Reaction score

Rafae, could you please upload notes for e-commerce? Also could you guys help me out on how to answer the questions? How do we apply the case study info in out answers?

Reaction score

yea how to apply the case study, and btw...
whats the usefulness of the job description and job specification to both employee and employer ???

Reaction score

ZEEROOO said:
dude you such a business study geek :p

and btw, can you tell me what is included in "LOCATION" and any more topics than those above ones to be familiar with ...

location includes the factors which influence where a manufacturing business, service and retailer locate and also what factors influence a business to change its location

Reaction score
Guys, is it okay if i just skim through the papers and write down points for each question instead of writing each answer? I am in a huge mess. I haven't done anything in accounts, maths or addmaths and need to prepare well for them especially maths and addmaths since I am weak in them. Help me! How should I do it? :(

Reaction score
abc123 said:
Guys, is it okay if i just skim through the papers and write down points for each question instead of writing each answer? I am in a huge mess. I haven't done anything in accounts, maths or addmaths and need to prepare well for them especially maths and addmaths since I am weak in them. Help me! How should I do it? :(

when practising past ppr's there is no use of writting the full answer, so yea just write in point form and thn check wit the markin scheme wthr u hav the followwin points u wrote down, so that u know that u hav the knowledge..so it wont be a big mess for u to build up the answer with application...

Reaction score
Yaaar, dekho, there is 1 big problem.
I did that in paper 1 and lost like 4 marks cause I was writing every answer in points.
I wouldn't recommend you to write in points, at least try doing 2 full fledge timed past papers with full answers.
Because when you are writing in points, you won't be able to get your application or judgement right, only your points.
That's just what I would say.

Reaction score
hey rafae,
can you tell me how a job description and specification would be usefull for the employer and employee ?

Reaction score
rafae said:
Yaaar, dekho, there is 1 big problem.
I did that in paper 1 and lost like 4 marks cause I was writing every answer in points.
I wouldn't recommend you to write in points, at least try doing 2 full fledge timed past papers with full answers.
Because when you are writing in points, you won't be able to get your application or judgement right, only your points.
That's just what I would say.

I shall try. How do we apply the case study info?

Reaction score
ZEEROOO said:
hey rafae,
can you tell me how a job description and specification would be usefull for the employer and employee ?

Okay, a job description helps to narrow down the number of applicants to only those who know how to do the tasks and jobs that are required by the business.
It will ensure that the person applying is aware of all his tasks, and has therefore applied to the business already knowing that he is expected to perform those tasks, therefore it also acts as a solid evidence to employees if they refuse to work on a specific task.
For example: A job description states: Clean desks every Monday, then the employee cannot decline cleaning desks because he agreed to read the job description and then applied.

A job specification ensures that all the people that are recruited by the business are of the skill, experience and qualifications that the business requires.
Basically, that is the basic idea. You wouldn't be really expecting this in a business paper 2, this is usually paper one stuff.