• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Business Studies DISCUSSIONS & HELP.

Reaction score
listen could you post your answer for june 05 q2 here? The partnership one? I am confused that how will we apply the case study here, its too direct

Reaction score
Okay, this is the question.

What are the advantages of EKZ operating as a partnership? [7] (This is what I would write):
EKZ's owners have several advantages since they are operating as a partnership. Firstly, since there are two owners, the amounts of capital both owners raise can be quite a lot since there are two different sources. This means EKZ can hope to open up another super-market (THIS IS APPLICATION, cause in the case study, they're talking about EKZ being a super-market). Secondly, in the absence of one partner, the other partner can continue to run the business and therefore EKZ will not be incurring any operational losses. Thirdly, both partners can consult each other on matters that are bothering them. Therefore, they both can be of benefit to one another. A partnership for EKZ also carries the benefits of their accounts being much more private, unlike limited companies, their accounts will not have to be published to the public, or given to anyone except the tax office.

Reaction score
rafae said:
ZEEROOO said:
hey rafae,
can you tell me how a job description and specification would be usefull for the employer and employee ?

Okay, a job description helps to narrow down the number of applicants to only those who know how to do the tasks and jobs that are required by the business.
It will ensure that the person applying is aware of all his tasks, and has therefore applied to the business already knowing that he is expected to perform those tasks, therefore it also acts as a solid evidence to employees if they refuse to work on a specific task.
For example: A job description states: Clean desks every Monday, then the employee cannot decline cleaning desks because he agreed to read the job description and then applied.

A job specification ensures that all the people that are recruited by the business are of the skill, experience and qualifications that the business requires.
Basically, that is the basic idea. You wouldn't be really expecting this in a business paper 2, this is usually paper one stuff.

There was the same question in past papers, i mean BS paper 2..TWO times!

Reaction score
Hey rafae, can you also tell me what are the important things to study in BE charts and Production Life Cycle? Its so confusing, bcuz i don't find anything to study in my note book, but in past papers they give literally epic questions that i wouldn't even think of, so appreciate ur suggestions...? :/

Reaction score
ZEEROOO said:
Hey rafae, can you also tell me what are the important things to study in BE charts and Production Life Cycle? Its so confusing, bcuz i don't find anything to study in my note book, but in past papers they give literally epic questions that i wouldn't even think of, so appreciate ur suggestions...? :/

in order to apply BE charts to case studies, u just need to learn reading the graph.. what is the least no. of items to produce to avoid loss.. further more the safety margin.. and the area of profit and area of loss..

product life cycle isn't very important... go through the marketing mix.. all the 4 P's ..go through the past papers to learn its implication..

best of luck for the paper :)

Reaction score
ZEEROOO said:
rafae said:
ZEEROOO said:
hey rafae,
can you tell me how a job description and specification would be usefull for the employer and employee ?

Okay, a job description helps to narrow down the number of applicants to only those who know how to do the tasks and jobs that are required by the business.
It will ensure that the person applying is aware of all his tasks, and has therefore applied to the business already knowing that he is expected to perform those tasks, therefore it also acts as a solid evidence to employees if they refuse to work on a specific task.
For example: A job description states: Clean desks every Monday, then the employee cannot decline cleaning desks because he agreed to read the job description and then applied.

A job specification ensures that all the people that are recruited by the business are of the skill, experience and qualifications that the business requires.
Basically, that is the basic idea. You wouldn't be really expecting this in a business paper 2, this is usually paper one stuff.

zerooo they would have asked for implication..! thats what they ask for in P2.

There was the same question in past papers, i mean BS paper 2..TWO times!

Reaction score
yea,, :p all the main topics are discussed in it,, :) Didn't it help u...?? IF it helped then dont forget to thank :D :D :p kidding :)

Reaction score
iT hElPeD AlOt MaN ..
ThAnKs To YoU ...
LeTs Us dO BuSiSnes StuDies Very GoOdly TomRoe...

Reaction score
I got it from my teacher... Y cant u download it...?? Ok,,Em gonna upload it again.....:)

Reaction score
what does debentures, hire purchasing and leasing means..and their advantages and disadvantages pls?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
hard2face said:
what does pilot questionnaires means??

Pilot questionnaires r a small survey carried out to check if the questionnaire designed is reliable and gets responses from the people as required by the business..

also to see that questions r well underst0od by people or not..

Reaction score
OKAAAAAAAAAAAAY.

LET'S STOP STUDYING NOW AND RELAXXXX
GOODLUCK FOR EVERYONE FOR TMRW'S BS PAPER...
IT WILL BE EASY..JUST WRITE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN...
AGAIN GOODLUCK PALS ;)