• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

(Business Studies) Please explain me this question

Reaction score
Marketing mix is the combination of four basic elements/ingredients under one head. Product itself is the most important element of marketing mix. Price, place and promotion are the other supporting elements. Marketing mix indicates an appropriate combination of four Ps for achieving marketing objectives.

Depending on the country you live in, the answer will differ.
If the multinational company that was selling a small car was selling it in my country, it may have to use
Competitive pricing method (using penetration pricing) as lowest possible price to get into the market OR since it's a car, start of with really high prices strategy and reduce the price later so people want to buy it.
For product; it's a small car; however, in my country, it would be better if the car had good tires, was four wheel drive, or was made to be not flashy (as car snatchers could steal them)
For promotion: not many people have internet and TV/satellite is expensive for most people, so putting it on a billboard would be the most cost-efficient and best way.
Place: would have to be the common car markets (car stores in the country) where people know people are selling the cars.

For your country, it would be different, but use the 4 Ps in your answer and play around a bit, discussing which marketing mix would be best!
Hope that helps!!