• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

business studies

Reaction score
hey, guys any idea what might be on the business studies exam this may/june 2011? i'm so scared!!!

Reaction score
um..i finished the book already but still have difficulties doing past papers without a book :( i have to use the book.
especially with the questions that are worth from 6 - 12 marks!!

Reaction score
Hey - I am a business student and I always get hish marks (al7amdolilah) so you can rely on me :)

1) Read the case very good and underline important points because you should be sure that these points will be useful to answer the questions (it is no point putting information for you that you won't use).

2) When you first see a question, underline the important words, which help you knowing:
>What they want from you : Describe - Explain - State - Calculate - Suggest - Justify.
>The number of points they want (one - two - three...etc)

3) See the marks at the end of the question to know how the marks are divided onto the content. By using the mark scheme, you will be able to know how the marks are divided and will soon be able to recognise (without using the mark scheme) how the marks are divided. There will be no use if you write alot for just one or two marks as you need to save time.

4) Concentrate deeply and know what they are asking you for and never repeat your answer because you won't be scored for that.

One more thing, the book isn't the only thing that you should rely on when solving pastpapers because as you can see the mark scheme, the mark is divided into:

1) Identification: which is saying the points and this is the part where you need the book. This is NOT given the maximum marks of the whole mark for the question as you may think.

2) Development: Here is the most important part where you need to gather information, analyze it, and put it in a way to suit the question. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE QUESTION WHERE YOU NEED TO USE YOUR MIND. You are given the most marks here.

3) Application: ALWAYS use the name of the business owner or the name of the business or the problem issuing the business. If not, the examiner will know that you are only memorising your book and writing what you memorised , WITHOUT THINKING.

You may find these points useless, but they are really important..
In the attachments, you will find useful points that you can use.
Good Luck :)