• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

C1 & C2 discussion - Jan 2013

Reaction score
Guys Last Question what was the equation we need to deffreiniate ? anyone can remember plzzzz

Reaction score
noo its right -2 sry :p im not sure i think 2 or -2 forgot
In C1, does anyone remember how many marks were on the last question? and on the last part of the sequences question, which was finding Q?
That's what I got! Do you know if I'd get any marks for my answer to Q1? (see above)

-for the sigma i got 60. cuz u1 had to be found out by putting 1.
-for C i got 31/something. (and its absolutely rightt cuz i confirmed from my math teacher!)

Reaction score
-for the sigma i got 60. cuz u1 had to be found out by putting 1.
-for C i got 31/something. (and its absolutely rightt cuz i confirmed from my math teacher!)
well do u remember last question what was the derivative ? :S i need to confirm smthn

Reaction score
I'm sure of those:
The constant in integration was equal to 8
point Q (9,-1)
Sigma 64

please if anyone remember the question of the area 49/4 (I mean the things that we had to get before calculating the area....I'm too scared that I made the rest of this question wrong too not only the area part)
If anyone can remember that question please write it with the marks for each part in it

Reaction score
I did two silly mistakes in C2, the first is the sequence question number B I did it n =12 cuz I thought the equation was ar^n-1, but all the logarithm thingy is done correctly
the other is the trigonometry question I found the theta (principal angle) = 113.6 and not 66.4 which made me make all the solutions wrong but all the steps and concept is right

how many marks I would lose in that

Reaction score
I did two silly mistakes in C2, the first is the sequence question number B I did it n =12 cuz I thought the equation was ar^n-1, but all the logarithm thingy is done correctly
the other is the trigonometry question I found the theta (principal angle) = 113.6 and not 66.4 which made me make all the solutions wrong but all the steps and concept is right

how many marks I would lose in that
n=12 is the right answer
I made it n=11 and the year is 2023 :(
Do you remember the area question in c1?

Reaction score
I'm sure of those:
point Q (9,-1)
Sigma 64

please if anyone remember the question of the area 49/4 (I mean the things that we had to get before calculating the area....I'm too scared that I made the rest of this question wrong too not only the area part)
If anyone can remember that question please write it with the marks for each part in it
anyone please :(

Reaction score
n=12 is the right answer
I made it n=11 and the year is 2023 :(
Do you remember the area question in c1?
n = 12 is not right every body said its not right and n =11 is right add 11 to 2013 you will get 2024 for me I got 2025

Reaction score
Im taking c1,c2,c3,c4,m1,m2 this jan for the first time
I don't know what to do with the rest of papers when I making many mistakes in the easiest ones (c1,c2)....they were my only hope to get a good grade in the A-level :(
man this is really tough you can't do them all at once and on jan session this is pretty hard

Reaction score
I'm sure of those:
point Q (9,-1)
Sigma 64

Ya Integeration constant i got 7 or 8 forgot Point Q Was 1-(1/sqrt(x))=2/3 so by solving it u got sqrt of x=3 therefore x=9 and y=-1 u subtisute in the equation the gradient we equate to was 2/3 right ? and the dy/dx was 1-1/sqrt(x)??
Sigma i got 5+9+17+33= (i wrote 59 by mistake its supposed to be 64)
The Area its 49/4
0.5*7/2*7=49/4
:)

Reaction score
OK Guys when finding Q i made a silly calculation mistake and ended with a wrong X therefore equated in a the equation and got a wrong y so how many marks will i lose assuming i found the Gradient and equated it to the derivative and tryed to solve it ? its out of 5

Reaction score
Okay okay okay okay Uhmmmm for C2 people, You guys mustve found it easy it becz like come on, uve been doing it in Alevels, and repeating it in A2 *-*" cz obv u wouldnt be in ur frst year of Alevels, cz we dint hit May yet xP ! .. So uhm yeah, like u guys did C1 and C2 nd M1.. so C2 at this year, mightve been a kick ass paper fr u all :D
Good to hear tht ^_^ (Y)

Okay one sntnce for C1 -.-" ... WTH was on Edexcel's Examiner's MIND ._." bleh! to me it was 50% good and 50% bad!

Reaction score
Okay okay okay okay Uhmmmm for C2 people, You guys mustve found it easy it becz like come on, uve been doing it in Alevels, and repeating it in A2 *-*" cz obv u wouldnt be in ur frst year of Alevels, cz we dint hit May yet xP ! .. So uhm yeah, like u guys did C1 and C2 nd M1.. so C2 at this year, mightve been a kick ass paper fr u all :D
Good to hear tht ^_^ (Y)

Okay one sntnce for C1 -.-" ... WTH was on Edexcel's Examiner's MIND ._." bleh! to me it was 50% good and 50% bad!
Hey can u grade me on the thread I posted plzz?