• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Calculator model n number??????????

Reaction score
Is it just our center or The CIE is not interested in knowing the calculator number and make...no announcement by the invigilator to write calculator make?...? :) feedback wd b helpful

Reaction score
i thnk its just ur centre
our invigilator is onto us like hawk if he/she sees it missin
n da head invigilator keeps on shoutin on speaker phones 2 write ur calc make n model no!!!!
hope dat ans!! :)

Reaction score
in my centre i gave two papers of maths but noone ask for the calculaor no.
and one thing more guys in practical centre i didnt wrote the calculator no. will my marks be deducted for it.
examiner just told us once

Reaction score
When I went for the exam, the invigilator took the calculator form a girl who was giving Edexcel Math exam [I think it was Mechanics]. It was a really big issue because the head invigilator had to be called in and the girl threatened to complain to the British Council and so on. But at the end they gave her a non scientific calculator which really sucked because she wasn't able to do key functions like square roots. So it ended up a disaster. But I don't think they check A level students' calculators.

Reaction score
I think it is just a formality. But it can be important on the other hand too because some calculators have features more than we know. They want us to show our working. even if you forgot to write your calculator number your working will prove you innocent.
PS I don't think they don't give a damn to which calculator you are using.