• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Caliph Umer expansion(answer)

Reaction score
msroxd07 said:
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
@msroxd07 then why we write UHAD battle in Prophet's life muslims also lost that its not about muslims won or lost and even if they lost it was a big event since Hz umer was shocked to hear the death of ubaid and his kinsment BUT muthanna saved the day and saved the muslims which were not destroyed on the whole....

your talking about Uhad! so listen up, that was a main battle n the victory of quraish was a hollow triumph !! ok even if muslims lost but it was fought during prophets time!
I want to remember you,here we are doing the reign of caliphs not of prophets time!
i checked in the mark scheme! battle of Jasr Wasnt mentioned!
but if question asks about the events regarding the Umar,then u can write it.
But not in expansion i guess!!

and secondly you didnt wrote any Dates during Rusian Expansion
note that there is one mark for each of the dates!

okay dont write it and for dates kindly give me the date of every battle in umer's reign plz.......

Reaction score
well i dont understand why one mark for each dates like 7 important battles and 7 dates written then 7 marks secured???ah comon we need to know the dates of important battles only

Reaction score
does this kind of question come in GCE o level paper 2 islamiat because i think the only battles you should learn by heart are the battles of qadisya, wars with the byzantines and battle of yarmuk. hazrat Umar's R.A adiminstration is much more important! this kind of question does NOT come in the paper.

Reaction score
@princemaz bro the only question regarding Umer that came in past papers is about his expansion....but this time i think administrative reforms will come

Reaction score
yaar even if u see in MS only dates for really imp battles are given so i will write dates for these battles only.

1.Battle of Jasr or marwa
2.qadisya
3.Nihawand

Yarmuk
Fall of eygypt thats all ill write.

Reaction score
scouser bro i have seen above posts i dont think jasr will be included since muslims lost that battle and answer is about expansion and as my answer says i will write these now
namarraq,,buwaib,,qadsiya,,seige of damascus,,,fihl,,hims,,yarmuk,,,seige of jerusalem,,,nahawand,,fall of egypt i will manage to put all these in my answer

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
scouser bro i have seen above posts i dont think jasr will be included since muslims lost that battle and answer is about expansion and as my answer says i will write these now
namarraq,,buwaib,,qadsiya,,seige of damascus,,,fihl,,hims,,yarmuk,,,seige of jerusalem,,,nahawand,,fall of egypt i will manage to put all these in my answer
these are quite correct :)

Reaction score
I dont think such questions come! You only have to learn the important battles such as battle of qadisiya, wars with the byzantines and battle of yarmuk. Hazrar Umer R.A's administration is a lot more important!!! If a questions about hazrat Umer R.A comes it will surely be about his administration and not about the expanision of the muslim empire. But still I would give you 9/10. And your right there ARE not quotations necessary in this question as there are no quotations for the expansion of the muslim empire under hazrat Umer R.A. I hope it helps :)

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
@princemaz bro the only question regarding Umer that came in past papers is about his expansion....but this time i think administrative reforms will come
i hope a questin about hazrat umer doesnt come tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! im giving my paper tomorrow paper 2 isl!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
well i dont understand why one mark for each dates like 7 important battles and 7 dates written then 7 marks secured???ah comon we need to know the dates of important battles only

Oh dude ! not all of em! just for important battles!
See Ms.
Yarmuk 635A.D/15A.h
Qadisia 638A.D/17A.h
Nihawand 642A.D/21A.h
these are mentioned in Ms as important!

and the one you asked for Roman expansion
Conquest of Damuscus 635A.D
Conquest of Jerusalem 638A.D
Conquest of Egypt 638A.D

Reaction score
Yarmuk is a part of Roman expansion. With Muslim Victory there, the Muslims entered Syria, belonging to the Romans.

Reaction score
msroxd07 said:
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:

Oh dude ! not all of em! just for important battles!
See Ms.
Yarmuk 635A.D/15A.h
Qadisia 638A.D/17A.h
Nihawand 642A.D/21A.h
these are mentioned in Ms as important!

and the one you asked for Roman expansion
Conquest of Damuscus 635A.D
Conquest of Jerusalem 638A.D
Conquest of Egypt 638A.D

to remind you MS is wrong QADSIYA WAS IN 636 NOT IN 638

Reaction score
yaar i learnt AH dates LOL :p
i guess no problem still, a calendar date is a date after all.

Reaction score
Man u could write under fall of Jerusalem the saying of patriarch of Jerusalem that 'Verily Islam has excelled all other religions'
and about simplicity of Hazrat Umar (R.A)....in expansion and other Qs about major conquest and battles...

Reaction score
when u write about expansion, u write about the steps taken for expansion. other wise u cud just write he expanded his empire to iraq, egypt, jerasulam, and syria, and thats all. u may get 1 or 2 marks for that. and by the way, if u have read the examiners report, u wud know very well that the mark scheme doesnt give full details. it only gives about three battles! so angel is right