• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Caliph Umer expansion(answer)

Reaction score
HERE IS A COMPLETE ANSWER I WROTE ABOUT EXPANSION OF MUSLIM EMPIRE post comments and marks that i might be given if i write this

Hz umer continued the policy of expanding the muslim empire begun by Holy Prophet and hz abu bakr.A series of decisive battles were fought and won so the islamic state flourished.Hz umer led campaigns in iraq,syria and egypt.The iraq campaigns started with battle of marwa in 634 in which muslims were under command of abu ubaid bin thakeef and muthanna while persians were under command of rustam.Muslims also built a huge bridge of boats so this battle is also known as battle of bridge.However muslims got trapped when bridge broke and ubaid along with his kinsmen got killed but muthanna saved the day and muslims won.Battle of buwaib followed next year in 635 in which muslims were under command of muthanna who although injured inspired his men.Persians were 1200 under mehran hamadani.A battle was fought and muslims won.Next year in 636 battle of qadsiya took palce which was turning point in iraq campaign.Persians wanted to take revenge so they prepared a huge army.Hz umer decided to lead this campaign himself since Khalid bin waleed and abu ubaidah were in syria so saad bin abi waqas took command and invited yazgadh to islam who refused and battle was fought.Muslims although were 30000 against 60000 persians still managed to win after 3 months of long skirmishes and rustam was also killed.THEN campaigns were faught in syria which started with seige of damascus.Khalid bin waleed climbed into the city and attacked people who were waiting for reinforcements and occupied the whole city.Battle of fihl followed which resulted in addition of prince jordan to the islamic empire.Christians first tried to buy muslims with gifts and money but failed and attacked in numbers.Khalid bin waleed used clever strategy and muslims won.Next brief and succesful campaign was at hims.Next battle of yarmuk took place which was major event in syrian campaign.Heraclius was angered at defeat at fihl and hims so he prepared a large army.Khalid grouped muslims at yarmuk.romans tried to buy the muslims but failed and k.b.w invited them to islam but they refused and war began.Clever strategies and capabilities of muslim commanders paid off and muslims won after a decisive battle.Next was seige of jeruslam which was important because jews said they will only surrender if caliph himself came so umer went to jerusalem and negotiated with them.Victories at iraq opened gates for persia.Battle of nahawand was one of major battles in this conquest.Persians prepared a huge army while khalid bin waleed using same strategy as that of fihl led muslims to victory although muslims were 3 to 1 with persians.This battle lasted only one day.UMER himself didnt wanted to annex egypt but amr bin aas told him the strategic importance of region so he was sent and after seven month of long seige muslims won the well defended city.Despite these other battles were faught and won so islamic empire expanded rapidly

Reaction score
manurocksman said:
no qoutations pal !!
u just got 8/10 :pppppp

I DONT think there is a quotation necessary regarding this question if there is one u can find kindly post here

Reaction score
man i would use the qoutations of hazrat umer's importance........like: 'the most rigorous regarding Allah's affair is Umar' and 'Allah placed truth upon the tongue of Umar and his heart'

Reaction score
does that fit in this question question is regarding umer's expansion of islam your quotations may be included in umer's administrative reforms

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
does that fit in this question question is regarding umer's expansion of islam your quotations may be included in umer's administrative reforms
yeah that is totally true !! btw Very nice efforts !! :)
:D

Reaction score
Some corrections I wanted to make !!
you wrote
"Persians were 1200 under"
I think u meant 12000
and secondly jews and Christains were inside Jerusalam !!
I will give u 9/10

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
you wrote
I think u meant 12000
I will give u 9/10

kindly explain the third point what u meant by saying christians and jews were inside jerusalam which battle are u talking about??

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
salmanpakrocks said:
you wrote
I think u meant 12000
I will give u 9/10

kindly explain the third point what u meant by saying christians and jews were inside jerusalam which battle are u talking about??
I was talking about the siege of Jerusalam !! you wrote that only jews were offering to surrender but their were Christans too !

Reaction score
well yes u can write about christians too that they too and u can add further about the umer's visit to churches and historical sites and masjid aqsa

Reaction score
@angel of darkness: man but we DO have to include qoutations so in order to put them we can adopt the method i mentioned earlier, can't we??

Reaction score
yaar u see the MS for certain questions it just mentions no sayings how are we gonna find quotations for this its useless to quote a saying of the prophet here as there is nothing of that sort here,instead of quotations u must learn the dates of when the imp battles were fought and give details ull get easily 10 here its really achievable.

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
HERE IS A COMPLETE ANSWER I WROTE ABOUT EXPANSION OF MUSLIM EMPIRE post comments and marks that i might be given if i write this

Hz umer continued the policy of expanding the muslim empire begun by Holy Prophet and hz abu bakr.A series of decisive battles were fought and won so the islamic state flourished.Hz umer led campaigns in iraq,syria and egypt.The iraq campaigns started with battle of marwa in 634 in which muslims were under command of abu ubaid bin thakeef and muthanna while persians were under command of rustam.Muslims also built a huge bridge of boats so this battle is also known as battle of bridge.However muslims got trapped when bridge broke and ubaid along with his kinsmen got killed but muthanna saved the day and muslims won.Battle of buwaib followed next year in 635 in which muslims were under command of muthanna who although injured inspired his men.Persians were 1200 under mehran hamadani.A battle was fought and muslims won.Next year in 636 battle of qadsiya took palce which was turning point in iraq campaign.Persians wanted to take revenge so they prepared a huge army.Hz umer decided to lead this campaign himself since Khalid bin waleed and abu ubaidah were in syria so saad bin abi waqas took command and invited yazgadh to islam who refused and battle was fought.Muslims although were 30000 against 60000 persians still managed to win after 3 months of long skirmishes and rustam was also killed.THEN campaigns were faught in syria which started with seige of damascus.Khalid bin waleed climbed into the city and attacked people who were waiting for reinforcements and occupied the whole city.Battle of fihl followed which resulted in addition of prince jordan to the islamic empire.Christians first tried to buy muslims with gifts and money but failed and attacked in numbers.Khalid bin waleed used clever strategy and muslims won.Next brief and succesful campaign was at hims.Next battle of yarmuk took place which was major event in syrian campaign.Heraclius was angered at defeat at fihl and hims so he prepared a large army.Khalid grouped muslims at yarmuk.romans tried to buy the muslims but failed and k.b.w invited them to islam but they refused and war began.Clever strategies and capabilities of muslim commanders paid off and muslims won after a decisive battle.Next was seige of jeruslam which was important because jews said they will only surrender if caliph himself came so umer went to jerusalem and negotiated with them.Victories at iraq opened gates for persia.Battle of nahawand was one of major battles in this conquest.Persians prepared a huge army while khalid bin waleed using same strategy as that of fihl led muslims to victory although muslims were 3 to 1 with persians.This battle lasted only one day.UMER himself didnt wanted to annex egypt but amr bin aas told him the strategic importance of region so he was sent and after seven month of long seige muslims won the well defended city.Despite these other battles were faught and won so islamic empire expanded rapidly

Do we have to write about Battle of Jasr (bridge) ??
in that batle muslims lost! and the examiner is asking for the expansion under umar ?

Reaction score
@msroxd07 then why we write UHAD battle in Prophet's life muslims also lost that its not about muslims won or lost and even if they lost it was a big event since Hz umer was shocked to hear the death of ubaid and his kinsment BUT muthanna saved the day and saved the muslims which were not destroyed on the whole....

Reaction score
a few things you could add
---before battle of bridge, muslim and persian armies met at Namarq
---Egypt was conquered by Amr bin Aas in 640 A.D

Reaction score
Angel..., msrox was trying to correct your answer... you have written that the muslims won the battle of the bridge.. and i didnt know that the battle of the bridge was called marwa.. i read in fnm that its called jasr.. tnx for the answer it really helped

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
@msroxd07 then why we write UHAD battle in Prophet's life muslims also lost that its not about muslims won or lost and even if they lost it was a big event since Hz umer was shocked to hear the death of ubaid and his kinsment BUT muthanna saved the day and saved the muslims which were not destroyed on the whole....

your talking about Uhad! so listen up, that was a main battle n the victory of quraish was a hollow triumph !! ok even if muslims lost but it was fought during prophets time!
I want to remember you,here we are doing the reign of caliphs not of prophets time!
i checked in the mark scheme! battle of Jasr Wasnt mentioned!
but if question asks about the events regarding the Umar,then u can write it.
But not in expansion i guess!!

and secondly you didnt wrote any Dates during Rusian Expansion
note that there is one mark for each of the dates!