• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAMBRIDGE IGCSE BIOLOGY- NEED SOME ADVICE AND TIPS

Reaction score
Biology QUUESTION NEED HEP FAST: EXPLAIN HOW A.) TASTE BUDS B.) ROD CELLS CAN BE CALLED TRANSDUCERS???

Reaction score
Hey there. The guidebook is quite good, but don't depend on it entirely, because it lacks a few details which are covered in the textbooks. Do about 3-4 years worth of past-papers (don't go beyond that, you'll be wasting your time). Make a few summary notes and most importantly, understand what you're studying. It's no use to aimlessly memorize notes/texts and solve papers when you have no idea about what you're doing. And do not refer to the mark scheme until you've finished the entire paper. Maintain a healthy life, keep a balance between each subject, enjoy yourself, chill out, and you'll be fine :D
Good luck (y)
what if i see the syllabus and study only those topics is that baaad

Reaction score
i dont quiet get what you mean

See, no one person has the same method of getting an A* on an exam. You can memorize the textbook and solve 15 years' worth of papers, and still end up with an A or a B. How you prepare for the exam is up to you and must be according to your comfort. I've solved barely 4 years' worth of papers, but my concepts are clear and I have utmost confidence. However, whether I'll get an A*, I don't know.
Each person has his/her own methods. Try to find your own, and you'll end up doing much better rather than finding 'tips' on a forum. We can help you, guide you even, but in the end, it solely depends on you, your dedication, and capacity to understand the subject.

Reaction score
t
See, no one person has the same method of getting an A* on an exam. You can memorize the textbook and solve 15 years' worth of papers, and still end up with an A or a B. How you prepare for the exam is up to you and must be according to your comfort. I've solved barely 4 years' worth of papers, but my concepts are clear and I have utmost confidence. However, whether I'll get an A*, I don't know.
Each person has his/her own methods. Try to find your own, and you'll end up doing much better rather than finding 'tips' on a forum. We can help you, guide you even, but in the end, it solely depends on you, your dedication, and capacity to understand the subject.
your right
ICAN SEE your COnfidence Mashaallah

I think what i will do and am doing is that i am making my notes (it helps me when i write ) then i read them i see the syllabus then make notes
After im done with 1 or 2 chapters i solve afew ast papaers and after at least 6 chapter i revise again solve a bit more
i am thinking offinish at least 10 years past papers
what will you do just before the exam ?????torevise
plus do you think my method will work ?!??

Reaction score
t
your right
ICAN SEE your COnfidence Mashaallah

I think what i will do and am doing is that i am making my notes (it helps me when i write ) then i read them i see the syllabus then make notes
After im done with 1 or 2 chapters i solve afew ast papaers and after at least 6 chapter i revise again solve a bit more
i am thinking offinish at least 10 years past papers
what will you do just before the exam ?????torevise
plus do you think my method will work ?!??

Your method will work just fine, but I'd suggest doing 6-7 years rather than 10 years.
I'll revise the subject and briefly glimpse at a few papers. That's all.
Good luck for your exams (y)

Reaction score
Hey there, so one of the subjects that I will be taking later on in May is BIOLOGY!
My teacher distributed a Cambridge IGCSE Study Guide Book for Biology by Dave Hayward for us to study.

Apart from studying past papers, does studying from the Study Guide and not the Textbook enable me to ace the test?? Or do i still need to study from the textbook?? Is studying from study guide enough for me to get an A or A star??

I mean, the Study Guide is shorter than the textbook but I'm just worried if it's lacking specificity.... Cuz i just wanna make life easier xD

Anyways, I'm taking Paper 1 3 and 6.. Any advice or tips?? Especially for paper 6, what should i study??
Personally i like to study from notes, really they are very helpful, if you want you can check them out, link is in my signature, it is my first year to biology this year :p