• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Cambridge University

Reaction score
I am aiming for Cambridge University. I got
A* Biology
A* Physics
A* Maths
A Chemistry
A Urdu
A Stats
A Commerce
B Pak.St
B English
D Islamiyat

in my O levels and am currently in the A2 my subjects are Phy Che Bio MAth.

Some people say you have to have at least 10 A in O Levels.
But I still will apply for Engineering.

What I wanted to ask is that if anyone has (or anyone you know has) got into Oxford or Cambridge University or hasn't got in even though applied.
What were the grades, which College did you apply to?

Reaction score
I think you r taking cambridge university easily. Forget abt it, you have to be THE best to get admission. From my school last year a student in A levels got selected on scholarship for University of Cambridge only cuz she achieved cambridge outstanding achievers award and she had 5 certificates for IGCSE and 1 for A levels. Which is not that easy to achieve. But if u achieve outstanding result in A levels you should try your luck. Second way is that you have to pay heavy tution fees, u seriously need bursary or scholarship to move to cambridge. STILL GOOD LUCK !!! :)

Reaction score
yes i know about that thats why i posted this thread. What is school? and in which course did the girl apply to?

Reaction score
toxicdevil said:
I am aiming for Cambridge University. I got
A* Biology
A* Physics
A* Maths
A Chemistry
A Urdu
A Stats
A Commerce
B Pak.St
B English
D Islamiyat

in my O levels and am currently in the A2 my subjects are Phy Che Bio MAth.

Some people say you have to have at least 10 A in O Levels.
But I still will apply for Engineering.

What I wanted to ask is that if anyone has (or anyone you know has) got into Oxford or Cambridge University or hasn't got in even though applied.
What were the grades, which College did you apply to?

You can read this forum for a more knowledgable understanding of the how to get into Cambridge:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=15

There are many Cambridge appplicants, present students and graduates on this forum, and you will find better advice there than here,

Reaction score
I got 8 As 1 B in O level and straight A in AS level (there is no A* in AS)
These are the places i applied and the scholarships i got:
University Of Toronto. Got accept. conditional offer. They want straight Bs in maths, phy and Chem in A2. $1,500 scholarship for the first year. Susceptible to change according to my academic performance.
University of Waterloo: Got in. conditional offer. They want minimum of C in maths, phy and any other course i am enrolled into. I got international student scholarship of $20,000 and University of Waterloo merit scholarship of $1,000.
University of Hong Kong: Got in. Conditional offer. They want minimum if A in maths, phy and chem. I got scholarship of HK$180,000. Payable for 3 year.
Now you decide where you stand and what you can get.

Reaction score
yes i am currently in london college of economics in which i am studying . Through that college i am doing 1 year Course in french tranlation and all of its requirements and really i got A grade in my first semester but i must give you congrats on your brilliant achievement in Cambrige university

Reaction score
Okay! So you were basically admitted due to your O'levels and AS level result. That's a boost-up for me. Ty! Btw, which college are you now attending?

Reaction score
Well I took IELTS instead. I sent IELTS score everywhere.
College as in university college or college as in high school?

Reaction score
well....people try for 800th anniversary scholarship and reach oxford scholarships.....these are like full-ride scholarships....u cn apply with AS alone also.......and yeah abt hong kong one.....@destined 007 cn u guide me a bit more

Reaction score
I mean which university did you choose in the end? IELTS is only required when you don't have a C or above in O'levels English. An A in English completes the English Langauge requirements perfectly.

Reaction score
@hassam: If you get straight As, you will get in HKU insAllah. The registration is online. Keep in touch with: http://www.als.hku.hk/intl/ this link. Applying procedure will somewhere start from november and will end in december. I paid around HK$300 (around Pak Rs 3500) registration fee i believe. You will have a telephonic interview. Means they will call you and a panel of teachers will ask you questions.
The scholarship do cover living expenses along with tuition fee but usually people don't get the living expenses scholarship.
You will apply to every foreign university with your AS grades including HKUST. But they will probably give you a conditional offer and will demand certain minimum A2 result. I hope this answers your questions. Any further problem, pm me.

@Hamid: giving IELTS is always preferred. Remember, O level English is not valued by many university. But if you have taken Eng lang in A level, then it is valued.

Reaction score
well i have a in o level eng....nd HKU REQUIREMNET IS NOT MORE THAN IT

Reaction score
I think you can take cambridge university easily. From my school last year a student in A levels got selected on scholarship for University of Cambridge. you can easily get selected in it.

Thanks,
Martin Steve
Southwestern Company