• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Can a Person get into Harvard with these credentials?

Reaction score
Perfect SAT I and scores of Physics, Chemistry and Biology in SAT II, 4A's in AS Level, 9A's in O level? But the problem is that this person doesn't have any extra curiculars, but this person is planning to do some in his A2 session. Also, he didn't get a lot of good marks in his monthly tests in school. Does he still have a chance?

Reaction score
How can This person get accepted to harvard with scholarship? What does he have to do in his a2 to make a difference? P.S this person was born in America but is in a Pakistani school doing his a levels.

Reaction score
it doesnt make any difference where is he born or where he has studied..
he need to have 1 or 2 distinctions atleast

Reaction score
What do you mean by distinctions? The guy already has perfect SAT scores in both SAT I and SAT II. Do you mean distinctions in the sense of getting the highest score in an exam or what?

Reaction score
distinction = highest score in an exam all over the world

he should have a 1 or 2 distinction , in his O level or A level

my second cousin went to harvard under scholarship just beacuse he was having 1 distinction in O level and 1 distinction in A- level

Reaction score
Okay so a distinction would be required. Do you think a person in his A2's could do enough extracuriculars to get in to harvard? Because this person did not do his extracuriculars in his A1, his first year in A Levels.

Reaction score
UxaiR said:

sorry I disagree.
It's not a COMPULSION, common, my friend got admitted in Harvard, 100% scholarship. 8A's(96% on average) in O levels, 4 A's in A level95% on average), 2400 SAT score + co-curricular activities.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Are Co-Curricular activities compulsory? Ofc, not.

Reaction score
so start taking part then, it might be managing an event, sports, speaking skills, internships, artistic skills, media contact, etc.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Hmph, I see. Schools can make your certificates for those too, you know.

Reaction score
That wasnt funny AT ALL.
They do, but not 'blindly' , improve ur critical reading skills.

Attachments

• Important (2).doc
    23 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
Axa saleem said:
UxaiR said:

sorry I disagree.
It's not a COMPULSION, common, my friend got admitted in Harvard, 100% scholarship. 8A's(96% on average) in O levels, 4 A's in A level95% on average), 2400 SAT score + co-curricular activities.

i was not saying that distinctions are the only way to get admission in HARVARD
infact i was saying that it is one of the aspects leading you to the admission :)