• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

can anyone classify to me the areobic and anerobic res bio

Reaction score
Re: can anyone classify to me the areobic and anerobic res b

Aerobic respiration is breaking down of food to form energy in the presence of oxygen.

Anaerobic respiration is breaking of food to form small amounts of energy in the absence of oxygen.

Anaerobic produces 118 KJ of energy while aerobic produces 1230 KJ of energy.

Anaerobic respiration happens in two places, muscle and yeast.

In muscles it produces CO2 and lactic acid. This lactic acid causes cramps in muscles and can't be broken down except when combined with O2.

In yeast, anaerobic respiration happens producing ethanol.

That's simply it.

Reaction score

What adahshan said is awesome, but I would like to add that aerobic occurs in mhitochondria while anaerobic occurs in cytoplasm... Good luck

Reaction score

thnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reaction score

:Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: thnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reaction score

adah said everything , and in ATP
Aerobic produce nearly 28-30 atp per glucose
while Anaerobic produce only 2 atp per glucose
GL to all of us :)

Reaction score

Yes zardonz but it's not required in the syllabus this year and kokeeto thanks ;)

Reaction score

Aerobic respiration is breaking down of food to form energy in the presence of oxygen.

Anaerobic respiration is breaking of food to form small amounts of energy in the absence of oxygen.

Anaerobic produces 118 KJ of energy while aerobic produces 1230 KJ of energy.

Anaerobic respiration happens in two places, muscle and yeast.

In muscles it produces CO2 and lactic acid. This lactic acid causes cramps in muscles and can't be broken down except when combined with O2.

In yeast, anaerobic respiration happens producing ethanol.

That's simply it.
u people are really smart :)

Reaction score
Let this thread Fade To Black :p

^ Get it? Get it?! You know..the Metallica reference and.....I'll just shut up now.