• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Can I still get a B in A Mathematics?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know it all depends on the thresholds, but we've all taken several math papers this year already, so I want to ask whether you think I can get a B in A Level Mathematics with the following grades from each paper (paper 1, paper 3 and paper 4 grades almost definitely what I list below as I solved the papers with my tutor --- paper 6 grade is a GUESS)

Paper 12: 62/75
Paper 32: 55/75
Paper 42: 20/50 (I suck at mechanics and the paper was hardcore :p)
Paper 62: 25/50

Please let me know what you think, the above grades give approximately 64.4% in total, and there are 250 marks in the syllabus so 64.4% would be 161 marks out of 250, do you think I can get a B with this? Thanks guys

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know it all depends on the thresholds, but we've all taken several math papers this year already, so I want to ask whether you think I can get a B in A Level Mathematics with the following grades from each paper (paper 1, paper 3 and paper 4 grades almost definitely what I list below as I solved the papers with my tutor --- paper 6 grade is a GUESS)

Paper 12: 62/75
Paper 32: 55/75
Paper 42: 20/50 (I suck at mechanics and the paper was hardcore :p)
Paper 62: 25/50

Please let me know what you think, the above grades give approximately 64.4% in total, and there are 250 marks in the syllabus so 64.4% would be 161 marks out of 250, do you think I can get a B with this? Thanks guys
you can't predict your grade as it depends solely on the curve. But if the papers were hard enough then many candidates will score relatively low marks and the threshold will be low, increasing your chances of getting a B, and vice versa.

Reaction score
you can't predict your grade as it depends solely on the curve. But if the papers were hard enough then many candidates will score relatively low marks and the threshold will be low, increasing your chances of getting a B, and vice versa.
Yeah you're right, I just really really need a B and I'm a little frightened right now because my paper 4 was bad and I'm not that good in paper 6 either, and paper 3 was harder than usual..I hope the GT will low

Reaction score
Well, the papers this time around were tough enough and the grade thresholds will be in accordance, InshaAllah.

P1: 58/75
P3: 42/75
P4: 28/50
P6: 38/50

Expecting these, and also hoping for a B. :/