• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Can I study alone?

Reaction score
I have no access for teachers and I was thinking if I could use my text book to study alone
I want to study either bio A2 or business AS in summer for the oct/nov session
I was wondering if that is possible or I am bound to fail by trying to understand things on my own :/

Reaction score
I have no access for teachers and I was thinking if I could use my text book to study alone
I want to study either bio A2 or business AS in summer for the oct/nov session
I was wondering if that is possible or I am bound to fail by trying to understand things on my own :/
The problem is where will you do your Bio's practicals ?

Reaction score
I will be doing A2 bio, I don't think it has a practical exam..AS only does..:/
But I think there will be a lot of works to be done on Lab. I am not a bio student but my friends used to do a lot of practicals in lab during A2.

Reaction score
business is a better option to study alone than biology A2 because in bio u still need a teacher to explain stuff at times n there can be practical works to prepare u for p5 i think! but i will always advise u take a teachers help in which ever sub u use...cuz they know the method of ans n ques..!

u can do business n maybe a month b4 the exam....go to a teacher for the main topics for past paper....do a past paper n show it to the teacher...ur way of answering can tell them where u stand n they can help you improve

Reaction score
business is a better option to study alone than biology A2 because in bio u still need a teacher to explain stuff at times n there can be practical works to prepare u for p5 i think! but i will always advise u take a teachers help in which ever sub u use...cuz they know the method of ans n ques..!

u can do business n maybe a month b4 the exam....go to a teacher for the main topics for past paper....do a past paper n show it to the teacher...ur way of answering can tell them where u stand n they can help you improve
yeah that seems to make sense :)

Reaction score
u can do bio A2 on your own. its no biggy. and there isnt much need for practicals to do the planning part. that you can do with practice. and p4 is all theoratical. u just need to have strong grasp over all the 10 chaps. thts all

Reaction score
Sure. You can easily do bio. Dont know about business.

The real question is Will you be able to practice enough within these three months?

Reaction score
im goin in 4 A2 . cud sum 1 give me an outline of bio chem n phy P4 n P5 pls.
and how is psych p3

Reaction score
Doing bio A 2 on your own is a good option since all you need is to have a strong grasp on the 10 chapters and memorize (understand would be equally good) the important points of the chapters.As far as the planning paper is concerned, you should practice the past papers (this really helps):)
I have no idea about A2 Business studies..Sorry!