• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

can smbody help me wid serial dilution plzz?

Reaction score
All I know about serial dilution is that we prepare a solution then we follow a certain pattern to execute the thing.In one paper we had to take half of every solution we made and add water to so that we had the same volume in all the beakers, so that we ended up halving all the concentration
Another one, we had to to take 1 cm^3 of each solution and add 9 cm^3 to make them decrease by tenth...
So I think it's all about trying to understand the pattern that is shown on the question paper.
In the mark scheme I read divide by the factors of 10..I didn't not get it at all

I know I haven't answered you, because I too am looking for a better explanation ^_^"

Reaction score
All I know about serial dilution is that we prepare a solution then we follow a certain pattern to execute the thing.In one paper we had to take half of every solution we made and add water to so that we had the same volume in all the beakers, so that we ended up halving all the concentration
Another one, we had to to take 1 cm^3 of each solution and add 9 cm^3 to make them decrease by tenth...
So I think it's all about trying to understand the pattern that is shown on the question paper.
In the mark scheme I read divide by the factors of 10..I didn't not get it at all

I know I haven't answered you, because I too am looking for a better explanation ^_^"
Yeah.. Thanks a lot. But i need an example it wud help me to undrstnd mre better.