• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Can someone upload a simplified igcse CRO diagram?!

Reaction score
a one that i can use to draw in my physics ig exam if they asked me to, just like in 2011 summer p3 v1

Reaction score
I'm not really good at drawing, but the pieces that you usually need are: Heating Filament, Cathode, Accelerating Anode, Y-Plates, X-Plates, Electron Beam and Fluorescent Screen.

nrgoj.png

Reaction score
I'm not really good at drawing, but the pieces that you usually need are: Heating Filament, Cathode, Accelerating Anode, Y-Plates, X-Plates, Electron Beam and Fluorescent Screen.

nrgoj.png
MAN!!! ITS GREAT EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!!! I just didnt how to present it. God Bless you!!

Reaction score
The heater: Generates heat.
Cathode: It is heated by a low voltage current to emit electrons by thermionic emission. Higher current flowing through the filament will produce more thermionic electrons resulting in a brighter spot on the fluorescent screen.
Accelerating anode: This accelerates the cathode rays giving them enough energy so that the screen can fluoresce (a bright spot) when the cathode rays hit it. It is usually connected to the positive terminal of a high d.c. voltage of a few kV.

Reaction score
The heater: Generates heat.
Cathode: It is heated by a low voltage current to emit electrons by thermionic emission. Higher current flowing through the filament will produce more thermionic electrons resulting in a brighter spot on the fluorescent screen.
Accelerating anode: This accelerates the cathode rays giving them enough energy so that the screen can fluoresce (a bright spot) when the cathode rays hit it. It is usually connected to the positive terminal of a high d.c. voltage of a few kV.
Thankkss :D :D it was asked in oct/nov 2011

Reaction score
It hasn't been asked in so many years and now after all these years they DO ask it.
makes you scared doesn't it?