• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Career as a pilot

Reaction score
Currently im doing my olevels. LAter i want my career as a commercial pilot. I really suck at math but im trying to improve it. and do i need chemistry aswell? can i skip that? im doing physics though.

will they accept me with an alevel degree or should i do FSC?

please answer quick. THANKS in advance.

Reaction score
In simple words you want to be a a pilot (with a CPL).
Physics, Math's and English (now) are a MUST for anyone who chose his career as a pilot. If you want to be a pilot you have to adopt maths and physics. And no, there is no need for Chemistry if you chose your career as a pilot. And they will accept you with FSc only! But it's always better to do A-levels, you get a chance in a better university and it helps in the future job as well.
To my personal experience, and with my friends as pilots, there is NO chance for anyone to get a job if they get into a flying school after FSc. You never get a job that easily and 2 years fly by. And from this year on, most airlines reject any pilot who was unemployed for 2 years saying they have gone rusty! And they hire new fresh pilots.
So let me summarise a bit:

Physics, Maths and English is a MUST.
Try getting into the flying school after A-levels.

Hope I helped. If you want to know anymore details PM me. I believe we share mutual interests. Welcome abroad! :)

Reaction score
Yepp i wanna a pilot (with a CPL).

I'm doing maths physic english economics and computer studies in alevels. so they won't even consider my alevels for CPL? so i should go for FSC? what do you mean they don't take with Fsc. what do they really want? a bacherlors degree? So what is the way in then?

Reaction score
Your grades are just perfect for Pilot studies!
You could drop economics but I prefer you going on with it; wide knowledge! And if possible add Maths to it, you don't want to waste an year for the foundation, do you?
If you want your CPL from a top university, then A-level is a MUST. No bachelors degree or nothing. Complete your A-levels, pick up a university and you got the admission!
Take my advice: Never, under any circumstances, choose any flying school before the completion of your A-levels, it's not worth it.

Reaction score
Im really not gonna go before alevels at all. what university offer a CPL dude? what's the course? we don't have ad maths in alevels im sure about it.

Reaction score
Good descision.
What university offers you the CPL? Any university in the world, it just depends on the flying hours! You have to cover more than 113 hours to get a CPL.
What's the course? Pilot Studies.
Add Maths? How about simple Maths?
They need Maths, Physics and English.

Reaction score
I mean which university in pakistan lol? and should i do like engineering for it? sorry if im bothering you. i have that already math,physics,english,economics. what's the scope in pakistan?

Reaction score
NUST is the best I feel, it has both of your needs!
And why engineering for it? Thought I'll be doing enginnering with pilot studies and you're not botherin me, thi sis my fav topic!
Scope? Didn't get you?

Reaction score
NUST? damn its hard to get in there haha. They offer pilot studies there? :D..... with scope i meant that are jobs given easily?

Reaction score
Yup NUST. You have to work hard for it.
And yes they offer ARMY-pilot studies there. =P
It depends in which company you apply. And what country.

Reaction score
I have alot of time left for that xD ARMY PILOT!? i wanna work for PIA or any other airline :D and Pakistan only xD

Reaction score
And same is here mate.
Haha sure.

And no I'm not a commercial pilot, I'm still doing my A-levels. Though I have a great interest in it. Though my brother holds a PPL. And he's an Aeronautical Engineer.

Reaction score
Your brother studied from nust? :D is he gonna be a commercial pilot?. aeronautics is really tough i heard

Reaction score
Not really.
University of Liverpool. And I believe so, though he topped twice, in the university. :)

Reaction score
Career as a pilot is one of the best and he nice thing to do. Becoming pilot and doing something for the country is a thing of proud and you should do it. Fly in the sky is a feeling of great achievement.