• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CAREER COUNSELLING

Reaction score
hi there, don't think I gave you my results summary in full when I asked about unis like Mcmaster, British Colombia...... I got 2A*s ,5As, 1B,1C, 1D.....got the D in ICT and C in maths, of which I plan maths resits.....do my results form a good basis to target a top uni in Canada, also, does my C in maths count against me, or can that be negated by a better performance in A level?

The results are OK provided the *s are in science subjects. Maths grade is acceptable. However, I am afraid that such a grade would not make big differences in our Alevels as a C means you still lack many abilities required at Alevels.

Reaction score
hi there, I recently completed my Alevels and i am currently doing SAT and TOEFL as I am planning to go to US.I got two As and two Bs and i have decided to give General paper this october..My subjects in Alevels were Business Studies(A),Accounting(B),Maths(B),Economics(A) and General Papers(-).I am confused about which majors to take for undergraduate course in US.Would you please advice me on this matter?My counselor recommended International Business however, i would like to know various fields and courses one could pursue taking Whether business or accounting as a major.Your help would be much appreciated.:):)

Reaction score
The results are OK provided the *s are in science subjects. Maths grade is acceptable. However, I am afraid that such a grade would not make big differences in our Alevels as a C means you still lack many abilities required at Alevels.
I was predicted to get an A in maths but obviously I didn't get it....oh, it was the extended paper....not core.....I did Coord Science so I got AA......

Last edited:
Reaction score
hi there, I recently completed my Alevels and i am currently doing SAT and TOEFL as I am planning to go to US.I got two As and two Bs and i have decided to give General paper this october..My subjects in Alevels were Business Studies(A),Accounting(B),Maths(B),Economics(A) and General Papers(-).I am confused about which majors to take for undergraduate course in US.Would you please advice me on this matter?My counselor recommended International Business however, i would like to know various fields and courses one could pursue taking Whether business or accounting as a major.Your help would be much appreciated.:):)

I think International Business has a lot of value in US and elsewhere however, it does depend on which university are you going. And the choice of university will depend on your SAT score.

Reaction score
What are the requirements for attending medical school in USA or UK.I have completed my olevels and just started my AS. In olevel i took 8 subjects English , Urdu , Maths ,Biology ,Physics ,Chemistry , Pakstudies and Islamiat. In Alevels i am studing bio , phy and chem. Should i take any additional subject in alevel that would be helpful. And what is basically sats and tofel and when to take them. And suggest any medical school is USA and UK that would offer generous scholarships.

Reaction score
I think International Business has a lot of value in US and elsewhere however, it does depend on which university are you going. And the choice of university will depend on your SAT score.
thanks...I will inform my SAT scores soon.:D:DOh and what about job placement..will I get jobs immediately after the graduation or not?Will non-american people be judged based on different criteria than the americans...well, non-americans basically need to pay more fees in universities than americans.Are there any other sorts of discrimination for non-natives besides education and jobs?If so, please do inform me..cause i need to understand how US works.Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hi sateeshkumar engineering has a lot of options. As you don't like physics you may either go for chemical engineering or petroleum/minerals engineering.
but buddy i have heard that there is very less scope of chemical engineering and the petroleum sounds gud
some say that it i difficult to get job in petroleum
what's your opinion now
hope u still can help me out
thankz

Reaction score
What are the requirements for attending medical school in USA or UK.I have completed my olevels and just started my AS. In olevel i took 8 subjects English , Urdu , Maths ,Biology ,Physics ,Chemistry , Pakstudies and Islamiat. In Alevels i am studing bio , phy and chem. Should i take any additional subject in alevel that would be helpful. And what is basically sats and tofel and when to take them. And suggest any medical school is USA and UK that would offer generous scholarships.

The A level subject choice is perfect. All you have to do for USA is to appear for SAT I and II. SAT I can be taken anytime. However, I would recommend SAT II Physics, Biology and Chemistry in A2. TOEFL is required for nearly all the universities. I am afraid that you may not get full scholarship anywhere especially in UK. You can get need base financial aid in USA, given that you have a strong academic background. Moreover, extra curricular activities and community services also play important part.

Reaction score
thanks...I will inform my SAT scores soon.:D:DOh and what about job placement..will I get jobs immediately after the graduation or not?Will non-american people be judged based on different criteria than the americans...well, non-americans basically need to pay more fees in universities than americans.Are there any other sorts of discrimination for non-natives besides education and jobs?If so, please do inform me..cause i need to understand how US works.Thanks in advance

It all depends on your skills and that will decide that you will get a job or not. Yes, international students pay more fees than US citizens and Permanent residents. No, there isn't such discrimination in US and all the organisations are equal opportunity employers. So it is up to you how you demonstrate yourself and get a job.

Reaction score
but buddy i have heard that there is very less scope of chemical engineering and the petroleum sounds gud
some say that it i difficult to get job in petroleum
what's your opinion now
hope u still can help me out
thankz

Petroleum engineers are required not only in the Middle East but also in Canada and now USA!!! And chemical engineers also have a high demand in these countries with major giants like SABIC and DOW.

As far as jobs are concerned, the candidates who prove themselves are able to get one. So never think that it is hard to get. If you have the skills you can easily grab one!

Reaction score
The A level subject choice is perfect. All you have to do for USA is to appear for SAT I and II. SAT I can be taken anytime. However, I would recommend SAT II Physics, Biology and Chemistry in A2. TOEFL is required for nearly all the universities. I am afraid that you may not get full scholarship anywhere especially in UK. You can get need base financial aid in USA, given that you have a strong academic background. Moreover, extra curricular activities and community services also play important part.
Thanks man but what are the requirement for full scholarship in UK and other countries.

Reaction score
What is the difference between SAT and ACT? Which is the better one?
ACT is just a simpler test than SAT. It consists of four sections; Writing, Maths, CR and Science. And an essay (optional), too. You get a composite score out of 36. Most universities prefer SAT over ACT but it really depends on the university you're applying to, like many universities accept only ACT scores too.

Reaction score
Give the SAT. More widely recognized. I haven't seen many people do the ACT. Comparatively, almost everybody I have come across who are applying to American unis has given the SAT.
That's a huge misconception that not many people take ACT.