• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Challenging math questions paper 42

Reaction score
ok then you had a different qsn although i set for paper 42 i dont know but remember well what was ur varient
in 42 the sequences were about dots that forms triangles :)

Reaction score
Ramosk95 said:
ok then you had a different qsn although i set for paper 42 i dont know but remember well what was ur varient
in 42 the sequences were about dots that forms triangles :)

yes indeed 42 ... btw it was about lines not dots :p :p :D

Reaction score
ok same i mean it consists of dots but your telling me that in the first sequence there was 12 lines but the qsn states that they were 9 :%)

Reaction score
the first diagram is 3 and the second is 9 .. the question was for THE TOTAL OF THE FIRST N DIAGRAMS

Reaction score
SEQUNCE QUESTION WAS : a=-0.25 and b=2.25
I have also substitued my values with n=3, and my answer was correct (same as what they drew)!

Reaction score
Kokeeto, Yes but your still wrong. If you start wrong, you will end wrong but when checking the equation it will show right.

It was 0.5 and 1.5, I had couple of teachers show me how to do it after the exam, it is 0.5 and 1.5 ;/

Reaction score
It's funny how you ask what variant we're talkig about when the topic subject clearly states paper 42
LCM(lowest common MULTIPLE)- 240
HCF(highest common FACTOR)- 12

Reaction score
molluscs said:
It's funny how you ask what variant we're talkig about when the topic subject clearly states paper 42
LCM(lowest common MULTIPLE)- 240
HCF(highest common FACTOR)- 12

That answer's correct.

:)

Reaction score
I wrote -0.25 and 2.25 and I know its wrong but I would still get 4 or 5 marks out of 6 for sure as I havent read the question properly only