• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chances of getting admission in Nust? Please Help

Reaction score
Hey, please tell me what are my chances of getting in NUST SEECS H-12 in Computer Science.
I will be competing for SAT International Seats with the score of
Maths-II 570
Physics 680
SSC Aggregate 79.5%
HSSC Aggregate 67%

I want to know my chances before applying and submitting the processing fee cuz going through financially challenging times right now.

Please reply fast, will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :D

Reaction score
Hey, please tell me what are my chances of getting in NUST SEECS H-12 in Computer Science.
I will be competing for SAT International Seats with the score of
Maths-II 570
Physics 680
SSC Aggregate 79.5%
HSSC Aggregate 67%

I want to know my chances before applying and submitting the processing fee cuz going through financially challenging times right now.

Please reply fast, will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :D

Where's your SAT-2 chemistry?

Your chances are slim because of extremely high competition, and they're gone if you haven't done chem SAT2.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Where's your SAT-2 chemistry?

Your chances are slim because of extremely high competition, and they're gone if you haven't done chem SAT2.

Well according to the Nust website they only require SAT Maths-II and Physics for Computer Science. I also confirmed the same through email. They said they require Chemistry for SE since its an engineering field but they wont need it for Computer Science. Am i really screwed up? :(:confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well according to the Nust website they only require SAT Maths-II and Physics only for Computer Science. I also confirmed the same through email. They said they require Chemistry for SE since its an engineering field but they wont need it for Computer Science. Am i really screwed up? :(:confused:

Oh well my bad. I had no idea about the computer science requirements.

So definitely not screwed up.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Your Math-II score is not good enough for NUST, I'm afraid.
You should look for other options.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Was it specifically for computer science or for every field?

And the overall score matters rather than each subject individually, right?
For admission in NUST, regardless of the field. So, for admission in Mechanical, one needs to have a perfect SAT-II score for admission. And so on.

When your individual scores in all three subject tests are high, your overall score, which NUST considers, will ultimately be good for admission. And yes, all subject tests are given equal weightage, if that's what you meant.

Reaction score
For admission in NUST, regardless of the field. So, for admission in Mechanical, one needs to have a perfect SAT-II score for admission. And so on.

When your individual scores in all three subject tests are high, your overall score, which NUST considers, will ultimately be good for admission. And yes, all subject tests are given equal weightage, if that's what you meant.

Are you talking about the national or international seat?

Reaction score

But which seats are you talking about? National or International? Also the Nust website says that students need a minimum of 550 score in each SAT subject to apply for international seats. Does that mean any thing? I was expecting international seats for computer science to be less demanding :cry:

Last edited:
Reaction score
But which seats are you talking about? National or International. Also the Nust website says that students need a minimum of 550 score in each SAT subject to apply for international seats. Does that mean any thing? I was expecting international seats for computer science to be less demanding :cry:

550 makes you eligible, it doesn't confirm admission. Nibz is probably talking about national seats (I hope!), as I've heard people with 2100 have gotten in on the international seat (in the lower merit fields like software engineering or computer science).

Btw, the NUST website says you need 550 for the national seat as well.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Are you talking about the national or international seat?
But which seats are you talking about? National or International? Also the Nust website says that students need a minimum of 550 score in each SAT subject to apply for international seats. Does that mean any thing? I was expecting international seats for computer science to be less demanding :cry:
National seats.

International SAT-selection criterion is more lenient, comparatively. You should at least give it a try; It's better to spend a few bucks even if it's hard for you to do so, than to spend the rest of your life thinking that you could have gotten admission in NUST.

Reaction score
Ok, i guess i will give it a try this year. If i can't get in i will re sit my SATs are try next year. I already past the deadline for admission in most Pakistani universities and i don't think we can afford any university here in U.A.E. So better luck next year maybe?

P.S i could have definitely done better in SAT if not for the severe fever and the restless night before the exam day :notworthy:

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I wish to apply for the Bachelor of Science degree program in Computer Science. I intend to apply on the basis of SAT (for national seats). My SAT Scores are (Physics:790, Chemistry:800, Mathematics Level II:800). My O Level equivalence is 85.5%. I've heard that there are very limited seats for those applying on the basis of SAT so are these scores high enough to secure my admission?

Reaction score
Do they not give admission to everyone who scores above eligibility criteria but maybe not in their first few preferences and last?