• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chances of getting an A* - Biology A-Level ? Help seriously appreciated !

Reaction score
SA,

I sat for my biology AS in the June 2014 session and I got an overall A.However,the component marks made my feel a chill in my spine.Apparently I got a low A.

P1:27/40
P2:44/60
P3:18.8/40

Now I feel REALLY scared and hopeless.Is it possible for me to still get an A* ? How much would i need to get in A2 ? Any input is extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Well I remembered got something called Grades Threshold can estimate that ...
Apparently it is depending on your variance , each variance has slightly different grades threshold.
For your situation , I just take example as your variance is paper 13 , 23 and 35 .
According to threshold , A* grade for this variance AZ is 196 marks out of 260 marks .
Your score in AS total is 90 , which means you need 106 to reach A* for A2 exam.
Its not impossible to get 106/130 , just hard work is needed ^^
I attached the document to you and you can calculate yourself , just make sure not mistaken with the variance.
Hope you can achieve your grade ^^

Attachments

• 9700_s14_gt.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
you need 100-110 marks in A2 to score A* means atleast 85 in p4 and 20 in p5

Reaction score
A friend of mine got low A's as well in A level Biology, but ended up getting an A* the next year. If you get an A in AS and a high A in A2, it's an A* :)

Reaction score
Hi guys, my component grades in p1,2 nd3 were A's nd overall was A (obviously) so I wanted to ask if I get B in p5 nd A in p4 can I still get A*?