• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chaterterd Accountancy as a Career ?????

Reaction score
Assalam-u-Alikum !!
I have completed my A-Levels this year with Maths,Physics,Chemistry.
I am confused in choosing a career between CA and Engineering !!!
I have been listening a lot about Chartered Accountants that they are highly paid ...........
Need Some advice in choosing the right career
and also if someone can tell that how long it takes to become a qualified chartered Accountant ?????

Reaction score
it takes 5 yrs...(if u qualify in 1st attempt :p )
Thanks !!!
but how long it takes for an average man to qualify as a CA if he is unable to clear in the first attempt and
also can someone do it in the first attempt..

Reaction score
It can take years ...some complete CA at old age ..10 ,13 years etc
And it's possible to get cleared at first attempt....my uncles have done so but one of them took 13 years...and m talking about ACCA here ...with its 14 ps
CA has only 6 ....There are 8 subjects to be studied arranged into 2 groups of 4 papers of 100 marks each i.e. a total of 6 papers if 100 marks each.

This should be kept in mind:
To pass a student has to obtain a minimum of 40% in each paper and an aggregate of 50% in all the papers of both the groups together if attempting both the groups or all the papers of a single group, failing which the student has to reappear in all the papers of that group/groups again.
So this makes it a little of a hurdle if u fail the projecting group
U can't move further until or unless passing all papers again

Now I just wanted a little comparison between CA and ACCA
I knowthat ACCA courses are updated to the international standards as well... but our market demands CA more ?? Which is a better choice if u want a go ahead experience in ur country for a year and than move abroad
And has anyone heard of SAP.?

Reaction score
Assalam-u-Alikum !!
I have completed my A-Levels this year with Maths,Physics,Chemistry.
I am confused in choosing a career between CA and Engineering !!!
I have been listening a lot about Chartered Accountants that they are highly paid ...........
Need Some advice in choosing the right career
and also if someone can tell that how long it takes to become a qualified chartered Accountant ?????
But to be true ICAP has no value outside Pakistan and mideast. and others do not recognise our CA as it is not affiliated with any other org.

Reaction score
But to be true ICAP has no value outside Pakistan and mideast. and others do not recognise our CA as it is not affiliated with any other org.

According to my what I know, chartered accountants are almost recognised every where and are highly paid. Its the case of Pakistan where ACCAs get around 10-15k ..

Reaction score
My advice is not to run after money.
Because apparently you seem to be choosing chartered accountancy as a career only because it is highly paid.
Choose your profession according to the subjects you like, and the ones you are good at.
If you are good at the sciences and not accounting, i can say you will earn much more in engineering field than what you will be earning as an accountant

Reaction score
My advice is not to run after money.
Because apparently you seem to be choosing chartered accountancy as a career only because it is highly paid.
Choose your profession according to the subjects you like, and the ones you are good at.
If you are good at the sciences and not accounting, i can say you will earn much more in engineering field than what you will be earning as an accountant

you dont earn much in engineering in pakistan
if u do , then you are around an age of 35-40.
while a qualified CA aims for something more than 100,000.

Reaction score
There are too many students who have done or are doing ACCA in Pakistan. ACCA has little value in Pakistan. On the other hand, ICAP's CA is valued in Pakistan but it can take too much time to clear all of its papers. Moreover, during the training contract of 3.5 years you get paid peanuts in Pakistan. So everyone must think carefully about which qualification to pursue if they are interested in the accounting/finance fields. If you have any more questions, you are welcome to start a private conversation or visit our page.