• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chem mcq...

Reaction score
N2O4 has 0.02 moles which is given in the question. NaOH will have twice that moles as u see (2) beside the NaOH in the equation so ( 2 x 0.02 = 0.04 ) this is for the moles part ( n )
the concentration is already given in the question which is 0.5. now use the formula ( C= n/v ) .. ( C is the concentration and n is the number of moles ) .. put each value in the equation and find volume u will get it 0.08 dm^3 which is the same as 80 cm^3

did u get that ?

Reaction score
yeah i calculated so i got it thank u.....:)

now explain me q.8 of same m/j 2006????

Reaction score
sweetiepie said:
yeah i calculated so i got it thank u.....:)

now explain me q.8 of same m/j 2006????
u welcome :)
sorry i have to go now. i will help u with more questions later

Reaction score
Answer is A!!

Transformation from X to Y Enthalpy change is positive that means, Y has got higher energy content than X

now transformation from Y to Z enthalpy change is negative which means, Z has got less energy content than Y, which is best represented by option A!!!

In such questions in which we have to show energy profile diagram of two reactions, there are always two peaks in the diagram!!!
So answer is A....

got it???

Reaction score
39 Which compounds are able to react with concentrated sulphuric acid to give a product that will
decolourise acidic potassium manganate(VII)?
1 (CH3)3COH
2 CH3CH2CH(OH)CH3
3 CH3CO2H

cn any body tell me wats reaction of conc. sulfuric acid with carboxylic acid

Reaction score
hassam said:
39 Which compounds are able to react with concentrated sulphuric acid to give a product that will
1 (CH3)3COH
2 CH3CH2CH(OH)CH3
3 CH3CO2H

I think its only 1 and 2. they are both alcohols and conc. H2SO4 is a dehydrating agent, so if a water molecule is removed you will get alkenes. Alkenes will decolourize potassium manganate because they can get oxidized to ketones/aldehydes/ carboxylic acids depending on the conditions. But 3 is an ester and it will get hydrolyzed by dilute H2SO4 and not conc.

In the presence of H2SO4 (conc) carboxylic acids will react with alcohols to form esters, other than that i dont know.

Reaction score
12 Which chlorine compound has bonding that can be described as ionic with some covalent
character?
A NaCl B MgCl2 C AlCl3 D SiCl4
WHY ITS B ?

Reaction score
alisha said:
hassam said:
1 (CH3)3COH
2 CH3CH2CH(OH)CH3
3 CH3CO2H

I think its only 1 and 2. they are both alcohols and conc. H2SO4 is a dehydrating agent, so if a water molecule is removed you will get alkenes. Alkenes will decolourize potassium manganate because they can get oxidized to ketones/aldehydes/ carboxylic acids depending on the conditions. But 3 is an ester and it will get hydrolyzed by dilute H2SO4 and not conc.

In the presence of H2SO4 (conc) carboxylic acids will react with alcohols to form esters, other than that i dont know.

I think the question is talking about the formation of alkenes from alcohols in the presence of H2SO4. I think it is A and B only are correct as alcohols >> alkenes >> aldehydes / ketones due to cleavage of double bond.

Reaction score
Hateexams93 said:
12 Which chlorine compound has bonding that can be described as ionic with some covalent
character?
A NaCl B MgCl2 C AlCl3 D SiCl4
WHY ITS B ?

NaCl is entirely ionic, MgCl2 is ionic with some degree of covalency, AlCl3 is ionic with a great degree of covalency (due to dative bond and all) SiCl4 is covalent. this should be remembered. it is in periodicity.

Reaction score
i think it is B becoz initially the reaction is uncatalyzed and proceeds normally, but as products are formed and one of the product is a catalyst, the rate of reaction is increased so the line gets steeper. They say the answer is c because the product is used up so the rate of reaction decreases, but isnt the rate of reaction actually a measure of how fast the reactants are converted to products? whether the product remains or not is not a problem.