• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chem p12...hmm that was a tough one !!!

Reaction score
Astarstudent said:
hey u guys..what was ur answer for question 2. the one about showing ionic and dative bond..
is dative bond shown by arrows only (choice A) or shown by lone pair and arrow (choice C).

I think its shown by the lone pair and arrow. So i chose C.

Reaction score
a lot of my friends put C for that.. but what ive learnt is that dative bond is shown by an arrow only..
now im kinda confused about it :s cambridge can be very tricky

Reaction score
hassam said:
BILALrox01 said:
the change in Chiral was +2 and -1.. since the secondary OH will be oxidised to =0 leaving the cholestrol with one less chiral.
DUDE IT WAS +1 AND -1....u said manganate oxidises OH ryt....so y +2 then it must be +1....dont tell me cold doesnt oxidise cos i never saw that thing anywhere

hey hassam cold only majke diol with double bond but never ocidises any primary and scondary alcohol..................so uit sould be +2

Reaction score
hassam said:
BILALrox01 said:
the change in Chiral was +2 and -1.. since the secondary OH will be oxidised to =0 leaving the cholestrol with one less chiral.
DUDE IT WAS +1 AND -1....u said manganate oxidises OH ryt....so y +2 then it must be +1....dont tell me cold doesnt oxidise cos i never saw that thing anywhere

hey hassam cold only make diol with double bond but never oxidises any primary and scondary alcohol..................so it should be +2

Reaction score
Astarstudent said:
a lot of my friends put C for that.. but what ive learnt is that dative bond is shown by an arrow only..
now im kinda confused about it :s cambridge can be very tricky

answer was C...............100 % confirmed....

Reaction score
sakibfaiyaz said:
for 40 I gave D...
And boltzman: I gave Higer Lower Lower

for 40th.....it was C..............calcium dont produce the compound the formula given wid ethanoic acid........\
and for bolztmann. it was lower high lower (it was option C think so)..............

Reaction score
intel1993 said:
sakibfaiyaz said:
for 40 I gave D...

for 40th.....it was C..............calcium dont produce the compound the formula given wid ethanoic acid........\
and for bolztmann. it was lower high lower (it was option C think so)..............
it was higher lower lower ..

Reaction score
intel1993 said:
sakibfaiyaz said:
for 40 I gave D...

I will wont argue about 40 as I dont remember the question clearly.
but boltzman would be : Higher Lower Lower http://jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~rpc25/note ... ltzman.gif

Reaction score
Astarstudent said:
Saad9bsq said:
what was the answer of the cracking one? in which a product had 0.5 mole fraction?

i chose the one with C18 ..i think that was choice b. what did u put? :)
u also chose a random one? or u calculated it?

Reaction score
sakibfaiyaz said:
intel1993 said:
sakibfaiyaz said:
for 40 I gave D...

I will wont argue about 40 as I dont remember the question clearly.
but boltzman would be : Higher Lower Lower http://jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~rpc25/note ... ltzman.gif

hey saqib the question was that temperature decreases by 10 degree celcius

so the Y section which was the peak of curve shud be highere from previous curve..................