• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chem p12...hmm that was a tough one !!!

Reaction score
boy2011 said:
question was asking abt being polar of NO not SO2 so NO is non polar..;)

buddy No is polar.if u search on ineternet ui ll will find it both polar and non polar in places...........
bt as A level student we just have to apply the concepts we learn in alevels.....

As there is an electronegativity diff in both N and O atoms hence polar.......
There is a lone pair on central atom hence polar.............

These were the concepts by the students to find it polar or not.......

Reaction score
grumpy said:
armaghanaqib said:
the answer of the question about bleach was C as nitrogen was only getting reduced.....but im still confused with the wording of the question :p
it says nitrogen undergoes a redox reaction which means change in oxidation state only. NOT oxidation + reduction
so the ans was A

hey the term redox refers to the process of the simulataneous oxidation and reduction
hence no chance of only reduction or only oxidation either......................>>>>

Reaction score
histephenson007 said:
What was the answer for why Aluminium oxide was able to dissolve in NaOH???

due to amphoteric nature of al2o3 it acts as an acid when dissolves in Naoh....................

Reaction score
@intel 1993
when i say nacl undergoes redox reaction
means nacl should oxidise and reduced simultaniously
really
like in electrolysis it undergoes reduction and oxidation
or one element goes under reduction and other oxidation
and No was polar so answer was A
and Al2O3 was soluble cuz it can act as an acid :)
Search in wikipedia or google about redox reaction
and see

Reaction score
tht bleach question dint hv the equation of NCl3 i guess?? i dunt even remember wht i wrote A or C
wht was the ans to 31 in whch water was added to dilute the acid???

Reaction score
I think it was c, i mean the frequency does not decrease, the proportion does and the acid would get weaker so the activation energy required would also change.

Reaction score
no man
cuz the activition energy doesnt change
u know why
cuz the activition energy is constant
and frequency does decrease
cuz there will be less acid particle
in particular volume
so less collision
in that
volume

Reaction score
it was D for sure .....cos u react butandioic acid with calcium and see...wat happens .,....there are 4 H not 6 @SANNIKUTTI
TRY it out on ur copy now and u ll seE it was D

Reaction score
guyx i dont know y i wrote A for that NCl3 q...is there any chance that it was undergoing redox....cos else they must have written disproportion....and overall reaction in which it participated was redox

Reaction score
ya option 2 was butandoic acid...go chek that paper again...nd u tell me y its not d..i cn challenge u now that its D...U JUST PLXX CHECK IT BY DRAWING URSELF

Reaction score
BILALrox01 said:
the change in Chiral was +2 and -1.. since the secondary OH will be oxidised to =0 leaving the cholestrol with one less chiral.
DUDE IT WAS +1 AND -1....u said manganate oxidises OH ryt....so y +2 then it must be +1....dont tell me cold doesnt oxidise cos i never saw that thing anywhere

Attachments

• statistics-1 no.2.jpg
    statistics-1 no.2.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 2