• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chem p12...hmm that was a tough one !!!

Reaction score
then what is redox reaction man>>>
it is not disproportionation reaction rite>???
so it is A

Reaction score
yaa.. but why don't I remember that question?? what did you give fot that sulfur oxide and Nitrogen oxide??

Reaction score
yes. It dissolves in water right.. Since it doesn't contain hydrogen bonding it must be polar.. anways ther's a lone pair which bends the sulfuroxide like in aammonia

Reaction score
the answer of the question about bleach was C as nitrogen was only getting reduced.....but im still confused with the wording of the question :p

Reaction score
armaghanaqib said:
the answer of the question about bleach was C as nitrogen was only getting reduced.....but im still confused with the wording of the question :p
it says nitrogen undergoes a redox reaction which means change in oxidation state only. NOT oxidation + reduction
so the ans was A

Reaction score
grumpy said:
armaghanaqib said:
it says nitrogen undergoes a redox reaction which means change in oxidation state only. NOT oxidation + reduction
so the ans was A
IT SAYS REDOX ReaCtioN which means REductioN aS Well As OXIDaTION at the same time so A in wronggggggggg.......check the definition of Redox reaction dude

Reaction score
OMG their wording if f"cked up , coudn't they just use oxidation and reduction -.- i don't even know what they were asking for exactly

Reaction score
i THINK ITS a
CUZ LIKE WHEN U SAY AN ELEMENT UNDERGOES REDOX REACTION DOESNT MEAN IT SHOULD GO REDUCTION AND OXIDATION
LIKE COMBUSTION
OTHER WISE ITS DISPORPORTIONATION
AND THEN THESE TWO ARE DIFFERENT THINGS
HOW EVER LETS HOPE
gt COME DOWN