• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chem p22..doubt?

Reaction score
hi,i have my chemistry AS p22 tommorow..If i write displayed formulae in the paper inplace of structural formulae..will i get any marks??? i cant find any info in the marking schemes or examiner reports.

Reaction score
hi,i have my chemistry AS p22 tommorow..If i write displayed formulae in the paper inplace of structural formulae..will i get any marks??? i cant find any info in the marking schemes or examiner reports.
stay on the safe side and do it structural as it is told in the question. if the marking is strict they MAY not give u credit for that

Reaction score
skeletal shows the carbon backbone only.. looks like this /\/\/\/ structural is like the molecular formula of the compound. looks like CH3CH(OH)Cl

Reaction score
stay on the safe side and do it structural as it is told in the question. if the marking is strict they MAY not give u credit for that
true that...... give the answer as per the question's requirement!
good luck (y)

Reaction score
if they have asked for structural write structural cause even if ur displayed is correct u will get zero because they r specifically saying to write it.