• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chem p22

Reaction score
i got stuck on q3 for 20min coz i blanked out but finally did it right. i dint read one question in q4 where we had to find the no. of atoms of H...i just SOLVED no. of moles directly by dividing (80/1000)/24 n got 0.003 moles, HOW MANY MARKS WILL I LOSE??????? AND WHAT WERE THE ANS OON 1ST PAGE (Q1)?

Reaction score
i got stuck on q3 for 20min coz i blanked out but finally did it right. i dint read one question in q4 where we had to find the no. of atoms of H...i just SOLVED no. of moles directly by dividing (80/1000)/24 n got 0.003 moles, HOW MANY MARKS WILL I LOSE??????? AND WHAT WERE THE ANS OON 1ST PAGE (Q1)?
just one marks cuz you fount the number of moles of H2 gas you had to convert them into atoms :) sooo dont worry :) but your next part was related to this so maybe 2 :)

Reaction score
My friend did the same mistake too. I wonder how many marks will be deducted?
well the question itself was of 2 marks, so 1 mark if correct isomers were drawn, and 1 mark if we drew the skeletal formula. It's so sad that my paper went almost flawless, and now I have realized I made mistakes worth 4-5 marks just by misreading 3 parts :| :(

Reaction score
what about the 1st Q????? liquid chloride or something in room temp? i wrote phosporus....n burns with colour flame? i wrote Na...is it right? and also aluminium chloride dissolves or reacts???? and its pH??????????????????????????

Reaction score
For Question 1, the element for liquid chloride was either phosphorus or silicon. For the coloured flame, it was sodium since it burns with a yellow flame in Cl2. For observations it could have been: Al glows, white solid formed/appears, Cl2 colour fades away/disappears (any 2) AlCl3 reacts with water to form Al2O3 and HCl, only Na dissolves, both Al and Si react. pH for Na was 7/neutral, for Al and Si the range of pH was 1-4 (any value in the given range) though i personally wrote 3 for Al and 2 for Si.

Reaction score
For Question 1, the element for liquid chloride was either phosphorus or silicon. For the coloured flame, it was sodium since it burns with a yellow flame in Cl2. For observations it could have been: Al glows, white solid formed/appears, Cl2 colour fades away/disappears (any 2) AlCl3 reacts with water to form Al2O3 and HCl, only Na dissolves, both Al and Si react. pH for Na was 7/neutral, for Al and Si the range of pH was 1-4 (any value in the given range) though i personally wrote 3 for Al and 2 for Si.

shit i wrote al2cl6 dissolves :p :p 2 marks gone? or one mark?

Reaction score
rogue94
are u sure dat da ques was abt in chloride and not oxide??? coz i wrote it as sulfur burning with a blue flame in oxide... :(