• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chem p33 grade thresholds? My paper went terribly :'(

Reaction score
I got 91.3 percent pure for calcium carbonate. Some other students in our center got 30 percent. That is a great difference! And one girl even got 100 percent pure T_T

Reaction score
Well friends said that a titration came and salt analysis. And most of em said it was hard as hell and most didnt even finish the whole practical. But basically if the equipment and chemicals are proper, there isnt any reason for a person to have a bad practical exam, only if he doesnt get pressurized and wastes 20 minutes in the beginning thinking what to do first. The key I guess is dont waste a single second. Just start right away with what you are familiar with. And as for the complaint, Edwardes College Peshawar did not give out any suggestion sheets at all, and I feel like I should really complaint directly through the paper. And also a friend had 2 faulty burettes from the start and wasted 20 minutes just waiting for the invigilators to get a proper one after exchanging it a couple of times. Plain bull don't you think? Especially when you are paying 12 thousand rupees just for a single examination.

Think about it.

Reaction score
GT would be around 28. It was a lengthy paper. First question was long but the calculations were simple.
Whoa, I didn't know you were giving some AS exams this session. :eek:

I didn't give the paper but from what I'm hearing the GT will probably be low.. maybe 25 or something? I hope P34 isn't as hard..

Reaction score
I don't know if it is the centre's fault or CIE's. But there have to other ways to complain, rather than writing it in your answer booklet.

On other things, stay positive, doing well on your other components can get you good grades too. Good luck
HOW do other components still bring good grades????????????????

Reaction score
practicals are what? like 25% weightage? that doesnt sound like something you can just simply ignore and hope for a good grade....IMO it isnt always necessary that you do well in p1 and p2....

Moderator Edit : Avoid vulgar langauage!

Reaction score
I GUESSED FA8 AND FA9!
I ran out of time I left a few parts of calculations even thou they seemed simple it was a ver y lenghty paper!
I din get why we had to measure the mass a waste of time at the end we did pout all the CacO3 so why wieght!

Reaction score
at our center supervisor got readings for step 2 titration around 22 and step 3 titration about 15
and group A got similar to these but group B in which everyone got readings for step 3 more then 30 around 37 average but step 2 was similar to supervisor...:O

Reaction score
at our center supervisor got readings for step 2 titration around 22 and step 3 titration about 15
and group A got similar to these but group B in which everyone got readings for step 3 more then 30 around 37 average but step 2 was similar to supervisor...:O
same here i myself got 25 as the 2nd reading while the student in the first batch got 17-19. :(

Reaction score
What was the observation when HCL was added to CuSo4?My solution only turned light:S:S
We were not provided any conc HCL so used dilute instead..will the observation be effected?

Reaction score
What was the observation when HCL was added to CuSo4?My solution only turned light:S:S
We were not provided any conc HCL so used dilute instead..will the observation be effected?
i was so careless i nearly droped conc HCL n my hand! ya it myt cuz a gas was given off and it smelled pretty bad:sick:

Reaction score
But we were not PROVIDED with Conc HCL how on Earth were we supposed to get accurate observations??:mad:
v had ours in school and it was pretty good 4 us facilities + good quality chemicals and equipment were given + d invigilators were superb friendly and caring wow its pretty surprising dat loadz of u guys got crappy stuff
sorry :(

Reaction score
in my exam hall there were no tags indicating the sequence that the students have to answer the question.....i startes doing question no. 1 and was done with reading and rinsing the instrument at that time the invigilator came over and said that i wasnt allowed to do that i had to do no .2 because 2 ppl beside me were doing no. 1 i insisted him that i had began earlier than them but he didnt give a shit and when i start my exam with question 2 i had already wasted my 10 minutes.......and at the end i was left with some easy 10 marks moles questions which i wasn't able to complete because of the time ...if i had that 10 minutes i could have done that....CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW DO I REPORT IT TO CAMBRIDGE OR BRITISH COUNCIL NOW ?

Reaction score
oh dont worry... I had the master of all horrible exams.. I mixed up the solutions..screwed up the titrations, didnt do the calculations.. and god only knows what I wrote on the second q. and I love chem practials.. so there must be more of idiots like me out there, gt will be low inshallah
A HIGH- FIVE!! We lie in the same boat. :/ and most of my friends too.