• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chem p5 urgent doubt

Reaction score
can anyone of you plz solve question 2 of june 2009 P5 chemistry.
At first they have asked use to find solubility.
the formula given is: mass of solid/mass of water in saturated solution * 100
but somehow I cant get the solubility right.:(
Also I don't know how to find transistion temp.Actually my whole graph is wrong I think.
Can someone plz scan and show me the correct graph and how to find the transistion temp.

Reaction score
can anyone of you plz solve question 2 of june 2009 P5 chemistry.
At first they have asked use to find solubility.
the formula given is: mass of solid/mass of water in saturated solution * 100
but somehow I cant get the solubility right.:(
Also I don't know how to find transistion temp.Actually my whole graph is wrong I think.
Can someone plz scan and show me the correct graph and how to find the transistion temp.
what do u mean by u can't get the solubility? can u find the mass of solid and the mass of water?

Reaction score
what do u mean by u can't get the solubility? can u find the mass of solid and the mass of water?
I got the mass of water which is less than the mass of solid.
If I use the formula they have given so I will get solubility greater than 100.
have you solved it?

Reaction score
I got the mass of water which is less than the mass of solid.
If I use the formula they have given so I will get solubility greater than 100.
have you solved it?
yes, its ok u will get all the values above hundred thats not wrong

Reaction score
solubility cant be greter than 100.
someone who has done this please help.

Reaction score
solubility cant be greter than 100.
someone who has done this please help.
i have done this question correctly..believe me the solubility can be greater than one hundred and the graph i did is perfect even with 2 lines one at lower temperature and one at higher and they intersected at a temp of 67.5..if u dont wanna believe that the solubility can be greater than 100 then fine ur question will never be solved.

Reaction score
i have done this question correctly..believe me the solubility can be greater than one hundred and the graph i did is perfect even with 2 lines one at lower temperature and one at higher and they intersected at a temp of 67.5..if u dont wanna believe that the solubility can be greater than 100 then fine ur question will never be solved.
okay thanks.it will be grateful if you send me the pic of your graph.I redid the question with solubility greater than 100.but I cant find point of intersection in the graph

Reaction score
okay thanks.it will be grateful if you send me the pic of your graph.I redid the question with solubility greater than 100.but I cant find point of intersection in the graph

Attachments

• Scan_20130504_001847.jpg
    Scan_20130504_001847.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 73
Reaction score
I have drawn a curve for a lower temp plots in ms they also likely to see curves thanks btw

Reaction score
my graph was perfect that means :D :D but it took frikin 30mins to fill the table :( :( :(