• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chem pp6 notes

Reaction score
hey guys ... am preparing for my upcoming igcse exam 2013 soo I wanted to share my notes thought it would be really helpful ... chk thm out and do let me know abt how u find thm.. and if any q do ask :) thanx

Attachments

• Chemistry pp6 revision.docx
    21.5 KB · Views: 212
Reaction score
well those just the main q tht they usually ask the most .... but u should also know the colours of group 1 and 2 and copper and lead those r only require in syllabus
and how to plot the graph and take out info frm it... :)

Reaction score
What abt changing either the cont or the acid or changing both together- the line meets at the end point (?). something like that. I dont really get that part. Sometimes it's for a mark or two.

Reaction score
What abt changing either the cont or the acid or changing both together- the line meets at the end point (?). something like that. I dont really get that part. Sometimes it's for a mark or two.
I think wht its trying to say tht whn changing the conc or acid or both it meets at the same end point meaning it reach its initial room temp bcuz it has been used up so at the end the meet the same end point
so like whn they ask... u say the reaction has been used up and has reach its initial room temp...

Reaction score
Really helpful! are there any other specifications for paper 6? i mean what r the most important chapters that we need to focus on for it??

Reaction score
Really helpful! are there any other specifications for paper 6? i mean what r the most important chapters that we need to focus on for it??
Well for pp6 just focus moreee on the colours change and test of gases and their observations..

Reaction score
40) Grass is ground with ethanol rather than water because chlorophyll is more soluble in ethanol.
plz explain..could not understand... apart from that the notes were awesome..!!!
Thanx

Reaction score
40) Grass is ground with ethanol rather than water because chlorophyll is more soluble in ethanol.
plz explain..could not understand... apart from that the notes were awesome..!!!
Thanx
it means that the grass is crushed and put into the solution of ethanol because chlorophyll is usually soluble in ethanol while it's not in water because if u tried removing the green pigment chlorophyll it wont work (u can try that) only with ethanol, it will.

Reaction score
it means that the grass is crushed and put into the solution of ethanol because chlorophyll is usually soluble in ethanol while it's not in water because if u tried removing the green pigment chlorophyll it wont work (u can try that) only with ethanol, it will.
yea exaaaacctlyyy thx for explaing to her.. :)

Reaction score
What you could have added were apparatuses of how they look. Like watch glasses, pippetes, Burettes, Flask and stuff.

Reaction score
Notes are gud but very little......cambridge has morr demand of questions.....i advice u ppl to practice past pprs.....it helps alot..

Reaction score
Notes are gud but very little......cambridge has morr demand of questions.....i advice u ppl to practice past pprs.....it helps alot..
yeaa truee these r just the basic q tht they usually ask .. But really by practicing pps it really help.. :)