• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemical engineering

Reaction score
So I only need maths chemistry and physics AS

I applied for chemical engineering at Texas A&M with those subjects (chem, maths, phys) and got accepted without A2, only AS :p also had to cram a lot in for the maths placement test because a lot was new to me and wasn't covered in the AS syllabus, but in the end I passed and am now skipping pre-calculus. So basically, you wouldn't need the whole A-levels, but it just depends on the university you're applying to! Good luck and go chemical engineering!! :D

Reaction score
I applied for chemical engineering at Texas A&M with those subjects (chem, maths, phys) and got accepted without A2, only AS :p also had to cram a lot in for the maths placement test because a lot was new to me and wasn't covered in the AS syllabus, but in the end I passed and am now skipping pre-calculus. So basically, you wouldn't need the whole A-levels, but it just depends on the university you're applying to! Good luck and go chemical engineering!! :D
so can i do the same for a university in canada :/

Reaction score
so can i do the same for a university in canada :/

I'm sure you can but you'd have to check your university's specific requirements first. One of my friends got into Dalhousie using only his IGCSE grades and by sitting in IB chemistry and biology classes so the IB coordinator wrote a reference letter for him describing how he was almost like an IB student while he was doing IGs, that's what got him in without even doing A-Levels or IB. A couple more of my friends also got in with their AS predictions. One of my friends got into U of Windsor using his AS predicted grades, another one is also applying for Dalhousie but using his final AS grades. American and Canadian universities are more relaxed when it comes to British qualifications they don't usually require full A-Levels. Heck, I was accepted at Pennstate and University of Minnesota (on the top 50 universities in the world) using my IG and AS predicted grades, and was even offered a $15,000 scholarship! I'm not trying to brag or show off; the point here is to show you how easy it is if you contact the university beforehand.

One word of advice though, you'd need really good IG and AS grades if you want this to work for you. I had straight A*s in IG and straight As for my AS predictions, but my friends didn't so you know it would still work for you either way. Most universities say on their website that they require full A-Levels, etc. but if you contact them and ask if you can apply using IG and AS predictions/final grades, they'd usually accept that. One of my friends got into Pennstate using just his IB grade predictions for the first year because he didn't have the patience to complete the second year of IB!

Good luck, I hope any of that inspired you :)