• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemisrty

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
i dont think so we have to study any such thing!!actually i didnt actually get u !they howevevr usually ask questions that why is it an acid so u just have to say bcoz it gives a proton......!

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
i dont think so we have to study any such thing!!actually i didnt actually get u !they howevevr usually ask questions that why is it an acid so u just have to say bcoz it accepts a proton......!

Sorry Math Angel, but an acid is a proton donor (gives a proton). An alkali receives a proton.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
oh ,i am sorry i wrote that bymistake.Post edited.Thanks for informing!

Ivo

Reaction score
M.S.Princess93 said:
hey u , Mr ivo, u keep talking about my answer as u think it is wronge but surprise my answer is correct i told my chemistry teacher and my friends they said it is CORRECT and if u read my other posts I MADE IT CLEAR THAT I SAID THE TOPICS THAT I WROTE NOT THE FULL ANSWER I DIDNT SAY WHAT I PUT FIRST so stop it and do what math angel words CONCENTRATE ON THE OTHER EXAMS
be2zen allah we will get high marks :x :x

Hey, calm down dear, you're the one who's angry! (BTW, writing in Caps is rude). Quoting my words "may be wrong", only maybe, you maybe right, you maybe wrong, I never said you were wrong, just calm down dear!

Can anyone confirm then whether a displacement reaction can occur when the substance concerned is not in solution. BTW Math_angel, I'm not the one's who's ranting on about who's right and wrong, and this would help us for Paper 3 anyway. Guys, everyone calm down! :D

Reaction score
Ivo said:
M.S.Princess93 said:
hey u , Mr ivo, u keep talking about my answer as u think it is wronge but surprise my answer is correct i told my chemistry teacher and my friends they said it is CORRECT and if u read my other posts I MADE IT CLEAR THAT I SAID THE TOPICS THAT I WROTE NOT THE FULL ANSWER I DIDNT SAY WHAT I PUT FIRST so stop it and do what math angel words CONCENTRATE ON THE OTHER EXAMS

Hey, calm down dear, you're the one who's angry! (BTW, writing in Caps is rude). Quoting my words "may be wrong", only maybe, you maybe right, you maybe wrong, I never said you were wrong, just calm down dear!

Can anyone confirm then whether a displacement reaction can occur when the substance concerned is not in solution. BTW Math_angel, I'm not the one's who's ranting on about who's right and wrong, and this would help us for Paper 3 anyway. Guys, everyone calm down! :D
sorry if i was rude , i didnt mean it ,but u put me out of my mind , as i want be2zen allah to get A* in chemistry :) :) :)

Reaction score
M.S.Princess93 said:
Ivo said:
M.S.Princess93 said:

sorry if i was rude , i didnt mean it ,but u put me out of my mind , as i want be2zen allah to get A* in chemistry :) :) :)

Inshaa'Allah ( If Allah wills ... for those who don't understand what is meant by Allah , please refer to my signature ) You'd all score an A* , But it would be better if you don't accuse each other on the forums , Use PMs instead and notify each other about the statement mistakes in the topic so that others could benefit from it , Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
did the question asked for puer copper or not ?(question of extracting copper)
cuz if it was pure then all who have done the method of decomposition will lose many marks as it produce impure copper I am really worried as i did it by heating CuCo3 :(

Reaction score
niassu said:
did the question asked for puer copper or not ?(question of extracting copper)
cuz if it was pure then all who have done the method of decomposition will lose many marks as it produce impure copper I am really worried as i did it by heating CuCo3 :(

If Malachite was Copper Carbonate , abbreviated as CuCO3 , All the materials you will need to Extract copper from it are , Bunsen Burner , Crucible ( And its lid ) , and Carbon ( or Carbon Monoxide ) and of course a Tripod to hold the Crucible.

You put the Malachite in the Crucible , Start heating it and the Following reaction which happens to all carbonates takes place :

CuCO3 --heat--> CuO + CO2

And Malachite will turn Black , due to the formation of Copper Oxide.

Now You will have to Reduce the Copper Oxide by Carbon it will take time to get copper from it , and the following reaction will occur :

2CuO + C ----->2 Cu + CO2

or if you used Carbon Monoxide from a burning Wooden piece or something :

CuO + CO -----> Cu + CO2

And You have Pure Copper , and a contribution to the Excessive Green House Effect :)

However , if it was The Malachite , CuCO3.Cu(OH)2 ...

Heat it , the following reaction happens :

CuCO3.Cu(OH)2 --heat--> 2 CuO + CO2 + H2O

Now , you could do the same in the first part , reduce it with carbon or carbon monoxide

2 CuO + C -----> 2Cu + CO2

or

CuO + CO -----> Cu + CO2

Hope I helped.

I do not remember ANYTHING about the exam except that I answered the Malachite part completely wrong and that i forgot to write Devarda's Alloy in the first question -_-" , I just knew about Metal Extraction recently.

Reaction score
did u take the test and did the same steps ? as he mentioned that malachite has cuco3 and i am afraid if he asked about pure copper as some says that this method doesnot give pure copper and the question had 6 marks so wht do u think? wht where ur steps

Reaction score
niassu said:
did u take the test and did the same steps ? as he mentioned that malachite has cuco3 and i am afraid if he asked about pure copper as some says that this method doesnot give pure copper and the question had 6 marks so wht do u think? wht where ur steps

My steps... I knew nothing about Metal Extraction after that exam , during it , or before it , So I simply ...¬¬ 5arraft Bm3na el Kelma in that question I wrote something about heating and copper will be formed if we add it to some acid , -_-"

Reaction score
it seems right for may be u had done it right bs esma3 howa enta te3raf elso2al talab pure or not.

Reaction score
niassu said:
it seems right for may be u had done it right bs esma3 howa enta te3raf elso2al talab pure or not.

Ta2reeban Talab Pure Wallahu A3lam , bas ana Msh faker 5aaales , Bas Fokak men el Mawdoo3 dah delwa2ty we rakkez 3la Paper 3 , 5alas Paper 6 5elset we Inshaa'Allah el 5eer hy7sal.