• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry 34 threshold

Reaction score
yaro mai calculator ka no. likhna bhool gya hoon koi marks kate ga kya

Reaction score
fahadii92 said:
dude i also didnt do the anions, secondly the cations one was something to think abt cuz u see they said two reagents and if u wrote NAOH u are wrong, rest was quite easy

It might have been right, but you forgot the fact that you would also have to confirm the presence of Aluminium, Zinc and Lead even when they gave the same results with NaOH. You wouldn't know that before doing it would you. So HCL would only be used to differentiate Aluminium and Lead after you see that the cations give the same result with NaOH. Using NaOH would give you the result that Aluminium and Lead ions are present, at that time you didn't have to prove which one is which.. :twisted:
I do not remember what it actually asked for. So if it was to ''confirm the presence of these cations'' then NaOH and NH3 would be right, but if it were ''distinguish between them'' then it would have been NH3 and HCl.

Reaction score
mine was coming 23.2, 23.1 and 23.4 .. what about you?
i think gt will be around 28.

Reaction score
hey
Guys titre value is different from one center to another one
our teacher got 24.9
AND HOM EVER GOT 0.2 ABOVE AND BELOW IS right
AND ABOUT THE TIME
THE TIME HAS BIGGEST ERROR WHICH U DID A BIG ERROR IN IT
NOT SPECIFIED, WHICH UTHINK U DID IT HAS MORE

Reaction score
it all depends what volume u take in the beggining ranging frm 45.5-46.5 ppl take different reading and so have different answers in the titre volume.....average was ranging frm 23.1-24.9.......ANion was carbonate as the white powder was sodium hydrogen carbonate

Reaction score
i got a titre of 23.55......and the anion was sulfite because it gave a white ppt with Barium chloride that dissolved in an excess of dil acid...
what ws the observation for that heating and evaporting the blue solution and wht were the gases when we added aluminium and copper sulfate to the powder...??

Reaction score
lychee26 said:
i messed up moles and anions. will i be able to get an A?
depends on the gt...
the ppr was easy specially question 1 and 2 ...but the tests on fb10 were damn hard...

Reaction score
aluminium,zinc and lead
Carbonate was the anion there was effervescence
Hcl and NH3 the best reagents

Reaction score
the reagents were nh3 and hcl..............using naoh was being stupid since all the cations give the same result with naoh......
........cl- ions were to differenciate between pd and al ........................