• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Alevel CIE or Edexcel which is harder

Reaction score
Tell me anything you can about the differences between the two.....

Reaction score
Tell me anything you can about the differences between the two.....

I did CIE and from what I heard from my friends who did Edexcel, CIE is way harder. Plus, you're forced to do practicals with CIE whereas with Edexcel you can do a written alternative (in case you're not so sure about your practical skills and think that there's no hope for improvement). My teacher just described them as where CIE goes in depth, Edexcel doesn't and VICE VERSA. However, in general, I think CIE is a better option because their questions are more... mature and 'answerable' unlike Edexcel (as I did Edexcel physics), where the types of questions can be too easy or unforgivably cruel and confusing at times!

Reaction score
I did CIE and from what I heard from my friends who did Edexcel, CIE is way harder. Plus, you're forced to do practicals with CIE whereas with Edexcel you can do a written alternative (in case you're not so sure about your practical skills and think that there's no hope for improvement). My teacher just described them as where CIE goes in depth, Edexcel doesn't and VICE VERSA. However, in general, I think CIE is a better option because their questions are more... mature and 'answerable' unlike Edexcel (as I did Edexcel physics), where the types of questions can be too easy or unforgivably cruel and confusing at times!
True.