• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry and Physics some Keypoints/Notepoints (onDemandOnly) !! :)

Reaction score
hmmm..thanks a lot!:p
That helped.... so, that discharge series i uploaded the photo of, does that only apply to graphite electrodes, or any electrode?
can u please tell me the CIE books number as iam not able to view ur uploaded pictures

Reaction score
sorry iam having some internet connection problems
see what ut saying regarding electrode potential is RIGHT but thats the other way using reactivity seires IAM sure about i mentioned that becuase u mentioned concentration becuase these are 2 ways we use to use when we were not introduced to using electrode potential
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!
Ok ok...got it:) Thanks for the information! Allah Yajzeek!!

Reaction score
Yes they have....but will that discharge series at the anode apply when using platinum electrodes?
yes offcourse what discharge series have to do with electrodes(unless and untill electrodes themselves starts to give off some electrons)
also a keypoint
Platinium is used to increase the surface area on which oxidation reduction happen
mostly when u determining E* u use standard Hydrogen cell with platinium
and on the other hand electrode and electrolyte of the same metal/metal ions to form an equilibrium between metals and metals ions
hope it helps you a little :)

Reaction score
Another question:
"Solubility product is the product of concentrations of each ion in a saturated solution of a sparingly soluble salt at 298K, raised to the power of their relative concentrations"
Can someone please explain this definition?

Yes, it means that if you have X2A3 = 2X- + 3A+, solubility product = [X-]^2[A+]^3

Reaction score
yes offcourse what discharge series have to do with electrodes(unless and untill electrodes themselves starts to give off some electrons)
also a keypoint
Platinium is used to increase the surface area on which oxidation reduction happen
mostly when u determining E* u use standard Hydrogen cell with platinium
and on the other hand electrode and electrolyte of the same metal/metal ions to form an equilibrium between metals and metals ions
hope it helps you a little :)
Yes, it means that if you have X2A3 = 2X- + 3A+, solubility product = [X-]^2[A+]^3
Thanks a lot! Jazakum Allahu Khair!:)
Al7amdulillah, i get it now...thanks alot:)

Reaction score
I knew that......................................ur a failed girl if u really acted like onee:cautious:

You are a miss i dint even know tht, btw im using a friends account cuz she will use this account next year, so she wanted me make an account of her and get trophies and points for her she wants to become a XPFmoderator...

Reaction score
You are a miss i dint even know tht, btw im using a friends account cuz she will use this account next year, so she wanted me make an account of her and get trophies and points for her she wants to become a XPFmoderator...
Bro, i'm not a miss:p