• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry and Physics some Keypoints/Notepoints (onDemandOnly) !! :)

Reaction score
So we should take more Sodium and Pottasium in our body to increase the speed...
Not really, because that process i describes happens at one place in a neurone. the nerve impulse actually travels by saltatory conduction: it jumps from the non-myelinated axon to the next non-myelinated axon. What actually increases the speed, other than the myelin sheath is the synapse. the ACh is a neurotransmitter that is sort of like a bridge for the nerve impulse to pass to the next neurone. But nicotine has the same shape as the ACh receptors on the post synaptic neurone so and it doesn't break down easily. therefore, it causes continuous firing of nerve impulses: that's why people drink coffee.. it keeps them alert. So intake of sodium and potassium will not really affect because in the end of the day, the movement of sodium and potassium ions takes place to regulate the resting potential and the action potential. so once the PD across the membrane is +40mV, the sodium voltage gated channels close, so whatever entered has entered and the conc entering will not be affected no matter how much sodium and potassium we consume...
BUT I DO NOT ENCOURAGE SMOKING AND COFFEE for this reason. Continuous firing of action potentials may result in seizures which is not something pleasant....

Reaction score
Synapse actually reduces the speed of transmission (compared to myelin sheath). But its advantages outweigh this disadvantage :)
Really? Wow, i didn't know that...But increasing the number of synapses increases alertness. Howcome it slows down the transmission
:p

Reaction score
Synapse actually reduces the speed of transmission (compared to myelin sheath). But its advantages outweigh this disadvantage :)
Btw...I like your point bt i just referred to my bio teacher, he said the synapse has no role in the speed of transmission...but i put foreward your explanation-it got him confused:p

Reaction score
AsSalamalaikum wr wb
How are you ppl!

I hope my last thread was helpful to you guys, and if it really helped you than please pray for me!!

I belief if i help you guys Allah will help me 10x !!

I created this thread to share some Notes or Keypoints!
but as syllabus is too much to cover and i have my personal life too
I changed the strategy

you feel helpless in any topic, in any point in any matter in any subject(just including Phy, Chem and Maths A2only)
you post it and i will reply you from my best !
rules:
in a post no more than 1 topic should be asked
(because that overdose me )
you can make multiple posts for different topics u feel problem in!

and No doubts of PP should be asked here!
you can use other threads created by XPF member or knowitall10
and tag me if you like too and i will reply inshallah!

This thread is only to make or clear concepts!
See this thread as: ask a topic and u shall receive :)

Post the topic you are worst and inshallah by Allah's help i'll try to make it easy for you!

JazakAllah!
PPlease pray for me That Allah helps me in getting a world Distinctions in all of the papers Ameen Ya Rabal Alameen!
can you tell me how to prepare DESIGN AND MATERIAL... application booklet doesnt seems helpful and some tips and key points regarding application .....please

Reaction score
ok so i dnt understand how to calculate the rate of reaction
like when other element's concentrations are not constant

Reaction score
can you tell me how to prepare DESIGN AND MATERIAL... application booklet doesnt seems helpful and some tips and key points regarding application .....please
Read the material you have for design and start solving for it atleast 5 years..
do u have any book, i prepared from book for application

Reaction score
ok so i dnt understand how to calculate the rate of reaction
like when other element's concentrations are not constant
there're always constant sister...but of they aren't then they'll either tell u to plot a graph or...which question u talkin about?

Reaction score
xhizors DONT LOOK AT THE APPLICATION BOOKLET. IT IS FULL OF BULLSHIT!!!!! LOOK AT CHEMGUIDE!! IT SAYS IT ALLL
May Allah Bless you all:)

Reaction score
Read the material you have for design and start solving for it atleast 5 years..
do u have any book, i prepared from book for application
i do have the Cambridge book but find hard to solve pastpaper questions after reading that book even ...so can you provide ur notes if u have some ....

Reaction score
i do have the Cambridge book but find hard to solve pastpaper questions after reading that book even ...so can you provide ur notes if u have some ....
haha i know how u feel..its like u finish a chapter and u think u nailed it already! but u look at the questions in the past paper regarding this chapter and u feel like u haven't studied that chapter at all because like 5% of info is available to u in that chapter in the book and past paper questions look so damn different :O shit feeling :(

Reaction score
Anyone give me some notes for complete A2 organic chemistry? Want to throughly revise organic cos thats the most important thing they say :)

Reaction score
Solubility is the number of grams or the number of moles of a compound needed to saturate 100g of water at a given temperature. the solution is saturated when no more solute dissolves in it.
Solubility product, Ksp, is the product of the concentrations of each ion in a saturated solution of a saparingly soluble salt at 298K, raised to the power of their relative concentrations.
(You know what, ignore the "raised to......concentrations" part, t always confuses me:p

Reaction score
Reaction score
you can't discuss past paper doubts here. this thread is for revision notes and stuff only..even though dont think i follow this rule strictly and follow it :p if i take physics i was gonna answer u doubts anyway even if posted here but sorry i don't take it
okay but is there any other thread for physics?