• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry AS and M1 questions

Reaction score
Aoa!
1.when examiner asks abt reagent we have to mention in general like H/Cr2O7 2- or can we mention potassium dichromate 7???
2.is ligand in our course?
3.does use of electrostatic force b/w ions and electrons or mettallic bond better words for forces in metals , bcuz examiners always mentions metallic bond even when forces is wat asked abt
4.in changing of SO2 to SO3 in atmosphere does NO acts as catalyst or NO2.
5.how to construct ionic equations, give a link or sumthing

M1,
1.S10 q43 Q7 part 2 and 3,, plz help me on that

Reaction score
two more Qs plz , first one is that do dilute and conc. hot K2CR2O7 reacts with alkenes just like potassium do ??
secondly does we have to add H positive ion in hydrolysis reaction???

Reaction score
1) You HAVE to mention its acidified ie writing it as H+/cr2o72- is better than writing potassium dichromate, or mention acidified..so you wont lose a mark.
2)No, it's not in AS
3)Your question doesn't really make sense, If the substance given is a metal, write about the metallic bonding AND the forces present, it also depends on the no. of marks for the question!
4) SO2(g)+NO2(g)------>SO3(g)+NO(g) Though you only need to know that during Contact process it's v2o5
5)I dunno any link, but I'll try posting on how to do them by tomorrow
About the other questions, its not potassium, its Manganate ions, No they do not react similarly, it's just in the case of primary & secondary alcohols being converted to aldehydes & ketones respectively.
& I'm not so sure about the H+ part, I'll make sure & tell you later!

Reaction score
when did i infare with your comments????????? just told u the ryt thing!!!! jux go away!!!

Reaction score
THIS IS THE LAST TIME I AM TELLING YOU BOTH TO STOP ALL THIS!!!!!!!!!!! :%) :%) :%) :%) :%) :%) :p :p :p :p
STOP ACTING SO IMMATURELY

Reaction score
oh zahra k boyfrnd gayae ho tum zahra k sath ho nycc joke hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!

Reaction score
Admin, Would you do the honors of kicking them out? Thank you so Much
& to both of could you settle your private matters somewhere else & stop trashing this place -.-