• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry ATP variant 61

How did you fine the paper?

• Ima freaking chemist!

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Went pretty good .. confident of all of my answers!

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Err, not too good, not too bad.

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Was pretty bad.. didn't know half the answers.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • It would've been better if I left the whole paper blank ._.

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
You know the rules, 24 hours till discussion.
Just answer the poll , or post your thoughts on the difficulty of the exam!

Reaction score
It was actually great :)
compared to the other years , it wasnt bad at all :))
Still expecting to lose from 3 - 10 marks though :(
is that ok? i mean if i lose 10 marks , i still have a good chance for an a* right?

Reaction score
is that ok? i mean if i lose 10 marks , i still have a good chance for an a* right?
Yeah that is alright. Just as long as you get above 50.

Reaction score
I did chemistry last year and got an A*, lost surely over 7 marks in p6, 18ish in p3, and around 2-3 in p1.
Don't Worry, the chemistry curve does wonders =-P

Reaction score
It was Easy, the last question answer was :-
1. Place each Corrosion inhibitor in 3 test tube of equal amount.
2. Take 3 steel nails and place them in 3 water bowl.
3. Place each inhibitor in bowl.
5. Leave it undisturbed for 3-4 days in presence of air.
6. After 4 days, Remove the rust which will be Flaky brown solid (FE2OH3.xH2O) and dry them and weigh each of them.
7. The one which has more weigh will be least effective corrosion inhibitor and one with lower weight will most effective corrosion inhibitor.

Reaction score
It was Easy, the last question answer was :-
1. Place each Corrosion inhibitor in 3 test tube of equal amount.
2. Take 3 steel nails and place them in 3 water bowl.
3. Place each inhibitor in bowl.
5. Leave it undisturbed for 3-4 days in presence of air.
6. After 4 days, Remove the rust which will be Flaky brown solid (FE2OH3.xH2O) and dry them and weigh each of them.
7. The one which has more weigh will be least effective corrosion inhibitor and one with lower weight will most effective corrosion inhibitor.

Way to not discuss the paper -.-

How was yours mate? I hope you did well

Went amazing, and I owe it all to you, your thread and thatotherweirdude!
Thanks a ton for the help bro x)

Reaction score
Me and my buddies checked the answers after every exam and I calculated the marks lost
aha..... iam worried :/ we discuss too but i got surprised that actually some people who i thought barely can get an A and they got an A* last year! is it the curve ? i hope i get an A* in all my exams but the problem is that whenever we discuss the answers... minimum 10 marks is lost for like p3 or p6 chem :(

Reaction score
aha..... iam worried :/ we discuss too but i got surprised that actually some people who i thought barely can get an A and they got an A* last year! is it the curve ? i hope i get an A* in all my exams but the problem is that whenever we discuss the answers... minimum 10 marks is lost for like p3 or p6 chem :(
Well, don't worry about the sciences. The curve is always low. According to CIE statistics most A*s are usually scored in scientific fields =-d

Reaction score
Well, don't worry about the sciences. The curve is always low. According to CIE statistics most A*s are usually scored in scientific fields =-d
hahaahahhaa actually that what i was talking about! like they get an A* in sciences then all of a sudden a B in ict or english -.-' thanks for the relief! one last thing...do u know how to calculate my mark from 200 from the 3 papers?

Reaction score