• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Doubts

Reaction score
Hydrogen bonds are only formed in Alcohol in organic compunds right?? & not in Aldehyde & ketone & carboxylic acid right???
Then suppose if there is a substance which contains alcohol & any one from Aldehyde or ketone ot carboxylic acid then there will be hydrogen bond formed?? Or any one of this 3 is in mixture with water then will they form hydrogen bond???

Reaction score
Noo i have none. But why do you need them though??? they are very old. solving from 2002 to 2010 is much more than enough for practice.

Reaction score
hmm still wana c them i hav solved 2002 to 2010 around 5 times so datz y i jux wana check ..:)

Reaction score
heetamlani said:
Hydrogen bonds are only formed in Alcohol in organic compunds right?? & not in Aldehyde & ketone & carboxylic acid right???
Then suppose if there is a substance which contains alcohol & any one from Aldehyde or ketone ot carboxylic acid then there will be hydrogen bond formed?? Or any one of this 3 is in mixture with water then will they form hydrogen bond???

Hydrogen bonds are formed in both Alcohols and Carboxylic acids.
The reason for this is because they both have the -OH part.
The oxygen is partially negative and the hydrogen is partially positive, which allows them to create hydrogen bonds.

Just saying, you should try to understand WHY the hydrogen bond is created, so you can work it out during a test :D

Hope it helped.