• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Equilibria!

Reaction score
Hello, just wanted to ask that why the concentration constant (Kc) isn't effected by changes in concentration and pressure, as they do the same effect when temperature in an endothermic reaction is increased, where total number of more of reactants are greater than that of products. Please explain it fully!

Reaction score
when the concentration of the reactants change the concentration of the products change accordingly,hence kc will remain unchanged!
(it is just a maths principle involving multiplication and division: imagine you have (4x6)/(2x3) then let one concentration change the others will change too, say you get (2x8)/(2x2) both are equal to 4 though there is a change) did u get me??

for an endothermic reaction,the forward reaction is heat absorbing and the backward one is heat releasing. When temperature is increased equilibrium will shift so as to decrease the temperature by favouring the heat absorbing process, i.e the forward reaction.
I didn't understand this part of the question but hope i have helped

Reaction score
Sorry, I was not asking about this explanation(as I already knew this), but thanks for answering! Just wondering that when the temperature rises, the reaction gives more products and the reactants become lesser, so as reactants are denominators the Kc increases! -Same happens when concentration is increased, the reactants are used up and more products are formed, but why doesn't Kc changes? D: