• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry MCQ (Paper 1) Discussion

Reaction score
it seemed easy but was really tricky atleast for me

by the way what was the answer to the question

What is the purpose of Solution X ?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 110
Reaction score
question number 14
in which of the reaction is nitric acid acting as oxidising agent

was the answer (D) please say yes !!!!!!

and

how many electrons were shared in one question

(a) 13
(b) 16
(C) ..
(d) ..

Reaction score
Q1) Then Why did it say in the question that the table is showing the BOILING POINTS of the substances. If the examiners were considering CO2 will sublime then CO2 will not have a boiling point, it will have a SUBLIMATION POINT. So don't this make sense?
What is the use of the Liquid Y in the CO preparation question? I wrote to absorb CO2, will it be correct?

Reaction score
creative22 said:
question number 14
in which of the reaction is nitric acid acting as oxidising agent

was the answer (D) please say yes !!!!!!

and

how many electrons were shared in one question

(a) 13
(b) 16
(C) ..
(d) ..
It will be 17 pairs

Reaction score
rose1700 said:
it seemed easy but was really tricky atleast for me

by the way what was the answer to the question

What is the purpose of Solution X ?
I also want to know the answer for this question

Reaction score
@ Humaid, rose and jazza

i think Solution X is used to absorb the excess C02 that hasn't been converted to carbon monoxide to prevent the mixing of both gases upon collection.

Reaction score
i too wrote the same that it would be used to absorb unreacted Co2 with charchol :)
but " to prevent water entering back into charchol also seems to be correct "
as CO collect above water would create pressure in the last container , force water to move along the tube in backward direction :)
and to remove Co2 , water in last container itself would abosrob C02 as CO2 is soluble in water but CO is insoluble :)

Reaction score
and i think 17 electrons is incorrect , maybe i am wrong :)
beacuse there was single covalent bond between C - C , the compund was saturated hydrocarbon :)

this was a repeated question from pastpaper and i dont remember in which year it came :)

Reaction score
Pals_1010 said:
@ Humaid, rose and jazza

i think Solution X is used to absorb the excess C02 that hasn't been converted to carbon monoxide to prevent the mixing of both gases upon collection.

lets see:

H2SO4 + CaCO3 ==> CaSO4 + H2O + CO2

where does the carbon monoxide come from? =S

Prince III said:
beacuse there was single covalent bond between C - C , the compund was saturated hydrocarbon :)

this was a repeated question from pastpaper and i dont remember in which year it came :)

it should be 17 because it says how many pairs of electrons! :)

Prince III said:
i too wrote the same that it would be used to absorb unreacted Co2 with charchol :)
as CO collect above water would create pressure in the last container , force water to move along the tube in backward direction :)
and to remove Co2 , water in last container itself would abosrob C02 as CO2 is soluble in water but CO is insoluble :)

yeah, but i think co2 absorb is the answer they accept cus you know, 1 + 1 can also techincally be 3

Reaction score
mimmi =>
it was
CaCO3(s) + HCL (aq) ==== >Ca(cl)2 + H2O + CO2(g)

now charchol is carbon ( C )

Co2 + C ==> 2Co

2 moles of carbonmonoxide :)

Reaction score
mimmi said:
Pals_1010 said:
@ Humaid, rose and jazza

lets see:

Prince III said:

Prince III said:

yeah, but i think co2 absorb is the answer they accept cus you know, 1 + 1 can also techincally be 3
i did 13pairs.

Reaction score
which reaction did nitric acid act as a reducing agent?was it A?

and which reaction wasnt a redox reaction?was it also A?

Reaction score
carolinetcw said:
mimmi said:
Pals_1010 said:
@ Humaid, rose and jazza

lets see:

Prince III said:

Prince III said:

i did 13pairs.
Cant it be to absorb any Hydrogen chloride unreacted?