• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Oct/Nov P4 2012

Reaction score
I need an explanation as to why the general formula for carboxylic acids, CnH2n+1COOH does not work in this place. Why 3 and 6 and not 3 and 7? The exact value is approximately 6.8, if I'm not wrong. Explanations someone?

Reaction score
I need an explanation as to why the general formula for carboxylic acids, CnH2n+1COOH does not work in this place. Why 3 and 6 and not 3 and 7? The exact value is approximately 6.8, if I'm not wrong. Explanations someone?
because it was having two carboxylic groups :/

Reaction score
first of all draw the structure of the acid o_O

Reaction score
so did mine, the paper was so easy!
and yaee got a X and Y values correct as well!
Hoping for an A* xD

Reaction score
i myself was confused by this question,,
however i think it was by heating it :cautious:
yeah, well we are supposed to heat a substance to combust it -.-
but are we supposed to combust a volatile substance? well i wrote my using a pressurized chamber so that it won't evaporate and then heat it.

Reaction score
but are we supposed to combust a volatile substance? well i wrote my using a pressurized chamber so that it won't evaporate and then heat it.
ahan! great ^_^

Reaction score
so how about tomorrow bio p6?