• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P 41 HERE WE GO!!!!

Reaction score
woah! cant discuss! its against the rule! we cant discuss before 24 hours! Wait for it people :)

Reaction score
That was a good paper

Section B was very similar to past section B questions.
For Stereoisomers I'm pretty sure there's one part where most people think they did it right, but if you look at it again, they're wrong...

Reaction score
my NMR question was a spoil completely
NMR was propanoic acid and its isomer was methyl ethonate, the coresponding range for the isomer was for CH3-CO-R and O-R peaks

the stereoisomer question was tricky in the way it was asked
one was primary alcohol, one was secondary alchohol
one which was primary alcohol had double bond between 2nd and 3rd carbon
the one with secondary alcohol had double bond between 3rd and 4th carbon
you could choose one of them and either show optical isomerism or cis trans
just pray to Allah for the best :)
if you need any help feel free to message me
if my post is violating any rule you can message me, i ll remove it

i see CIE has changed its way of asking questions, the questions were more conceptual rather than typical questions we are used to seeing, more over there was many questions where the reactions could take 2/3 routes rather than the typical 1 answer we are used to

Reaction score
OMGGGG. I had 5 minutes left in the paper and this NMR question. I guessed without even reading because I suck in NMR so much. I just wrote propanoic acid randomly at the last moment and drew it's structure. Thanks for making me feel better bluefa1con :D