• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P2 :)

Reaction score
U didnt have to write the equation as far as I remember...
charge on Mg was +2 and on Fluorine was -1

Reaction score
Usman17 said:
I wrote sunlight and chlorophyll hahahahahahha :D it is wrong i guess :D
this is actually the correct answer expected by the examiner along with Suitable Temperature (20-40 C ) :beer:

Reaction score
@silent hunter...hey man long time no see. Anyways i dunno cuz i didnt answer tht question, the other 3 were too easy :D :D

Reaction score
yep.......long time :p so what did u wrote in problem for making alcohol by fermentation in last part?

Reaction score
Yaar what was the answer to the properties of graphite for use as an electrode..??
I wrote:
1. High Melting point,
2. Does not change chemically....
Am i correct??

Reaction score
likosp said:
Chicharito said:
What was the equation of Mg with Flourine? And what was the charge?
that was
Mg+ 2F ---> MgF2
Sorry to say this but that is wrong !
Remember that all group 7 elements exist in diatomic forms (ex: Cl2,Br2)
so it should be:
Mg + F2 ----->MgF2

Reaction score
Yes @intelnehalem is correct its Mg + F2 = MgF2....DAMNnn !!! I wrote the correct one nd then wronged it :(

Reaction score
ibadsiddiqi said:
yaay i got that question correct. Why does a blue diamond conduct??
Becoz of the boron atom...the structure is not Tetrahedron and a carbon atom is free to conduct......i wrote sumthing like tht :D

Reaction score
likosp said:
ibadsiddiqi said:
What was the answer of the MCQ in which we had to identify the reason why aluminium does not react with copper at room temperature or something like that. is it because aluminium is inert?
THats absolutely correct if youve read about the properties of aluminium it is known that aluminium has an inert oxide coat over it and heat has to be supplied to it for the oxide layer to get off the aluminium ,,,, the option D wasalso tempting but it was incorrect as aluminium is above zinc in react. series so it should very easily react with zinc without any heat thats why it wasnt correct

Well ure wrong there. The mcq asked why didnt alumunium displave cu from its compound at room temp. All displacement reactions require heat to start. Remember the thermit reaction!!! It also requires heat i.e the activation energy this cant take place at room temp.

Reaction score
Evilpro said:
ibadsiddiqi said:
yaay i got that question correct. Why does a blue diamond conduct??
Becoz of the boron atom...the structure is not Tetrahedron and a carbon atom is free to conduct......i wrote sumthing like tht :D

@Ibad: yeah evil is right... Some carbon atoms were bonded with only 2 other carbon atoms and 1 boron atom leaving one valency of carbon free hence the valence electron can carry charge... :)