• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry P31

Reaction score
Ok good one :D but what was the question exactly plz because I don't remember did it say why does salt speed up or what does it do? if it is what does it do then you r right but if it is why does it speed up then I'm right :D
yeah the Q was y does it speed up. LOL good that u r right too :)

Reaction score
Nope boiling point decreases and im very very sure of this :p
:( .... Whyyyyyyy man !!
I was just happy for minutes then you took my happiness away :cry:
I wrote decrease first then removed it and wrote increase

Reaction score
:( .... Whyyyyyyy man !!
I was just happy for minutes then you took my happiness away :cry:
I wrote decrease first then removed it and wrote increase
I will explain it to u, first as you go down the group the number of shells increase this means that the forces of attraction between the nucleus and the valence electrons decrease as there is now more shielding between them. Ty :D P.S if u don't believe check the melting points on the Internet

Reaction score
I will explain it to u, first as you go down the group the number of shells increase this means that the forces of attraction between the nucleus and the valence electrons decrease as there is now more shielding between them. Ty :D P.S if u don't believe check the melting points on the Internet
I know man that you are right but I was just kidding :D
I'm just so angry that I changed my answer and many things that were right at the end of the time :mad:

Reaction score
please tell me about q1 that which exothermic i wrote evaporation beacause in evaporation heat is lost to the surrounding (evaporation is a process of cooling) do plz tell me..

Reaction score
1 thing that I don't got HOW COME 200? 40+80+60=180? 20 marks 4 what?

Ok its calculated like this, I got this of another member on xtremempapers....

If u got
35/40 in paper 1 (30%)
60/80 in paper 3 (50%)
30/40 in paper 6 (20%)

Then u do
((35/40)*30) + ((60/80)*50) + ((30/40)*20) = x

((Mark got/Total mark)*Weighting of paper)

This would give u the mark out of 100, so then u multiply the answer u get by 2 to get the mark out of 200....

2*x = 2x

2x is what u got out of 200 marks, x is out of 100 marks....

Hope this helps... :)

Reaction score
please tell me about q1 that which exothermic i wrote evaporation beacause in evaporation heat is lost to the surrounding (evaporation is a process of cooling) do plz tell me..

Its condensation as the thing loses energy to the surroundings and then becomes liquid from gas (More energetic - Less energetic)

Reaction score
I guess it increases down the group.
and the second answer was francium

Doesn't chemical reactivity INCREASE down the group? And M.P decrease?
I wrote Lithium :z

EDIT: Just checked my book, and M.P/B.P DECREASE down the group.. sorry that you lost marks! It's all right, I completley screwed up the question about recycling/burning.. what did you write for it?

Reaction score
Listen everyone! each nd every one of u is wrong! u knw why? the electrode which is supposed to be oxidised is A NOT B! the examiner never asked oxidation in terms of electrons! the experiment which was going on was actually electroplating! in electroplating object which gets electroplated is always at anode (+) electrode and the object which is decresed in size is supposed to be cathode! were u all sleeping or something? :p nd electroplating always takes place in a cell! soo ppl who wrote oxidation will take place at + electrode are rite! :p